Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    You know there are all kinds of people here. Some will go to a store and hear a date from an employee and think it's good, others have much better sources.

I have posted info here (http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=78694) in the past because this is a great source for Treo info and it's a site that I think is one of the better ones. To my point, keeping in mind that there are people that don't know what they are talking about...

It is very frustrating to post good info here and INSTANTLY have a backlash. You can see in the above link that I pointed people off to MTDN after only a couple of posts because people here are so ruthless.

So, just keep that in mind around here next time someone OFFERS their help. Give them a bit of a chance!
    I thought my question was asked very kindly and without any prejudice of the answer. Sorry to have upset you but I can't recall seeing any of your other posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    OneWing, I think first from what I have seen of Palm and Sprint going after leakers in here the last few months you have a lot to be fearful of.
    He only needs to fear if the information is really leaked and legitimate. If it's a scam and not a leak -- nothing to fear from Palm/Sprint.

Forgive us but there are people that have gone to great lengths to scam us and I for one am wanting more proof then an easily faked document ...
    So, gharrod, what is it, legit or scam?

it's a 700p

this is an eternal document that updates once a day to show availabilty of phones and projected launch dates of new models..

http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?i...titled0oc1.jpg
    I do not understand this thread at all.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous84
    it's a 700p

this is an eternal document that updates once a day to show availabilty of phones and projected launch dates of new models..

http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?i...titled0oc1.jpg
    Glory be, an eternal document!
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    No one questioned her pedigree - "Mandy" was a blond in the movie (as best can be told)
    Curtains, rug.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I do not understand this thread at all.
    Thank you Dutch. It is a perplexing one to me also.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=33869

A post on Blackberry Forums from May 1 mentions the 7130 and 700p being released on Sprint on May 28 as well.
    gharrod certainly walks and talks like the Palm police (or some other insider who has an interest in squelching leaks). He doubts even the best info and photos. In questioning leakers he comes across offensive (in hopes of getting them to leave and not continue the discussion)? And the same leakers he doubts he tells them that they should be fearful of getting in trouble.

At least we can rule out him working for Good.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=33869

A post on Blackberry Forums from May 1 mentions the 7130 and 700p being released on Sprint on May 28 as well.
    Most likely got that info here...yawn...
    Hey G !!

Dragonman confirmed the 'Playbook' . . . . . . . is he a drive by poster?

Cheers, Perry
    Hey Perry....you download this program yet ?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113636
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    gharrod certainly walks and talks like the Palm police (or some other insider who has an interest in squelching leaks). He doubts even the best info and photos. In questioning leakers he comes across offensive (in hopes of getting them to leave and not continue the discussion)? And the same leakers he doubts he tells them that they should be fearful of getting in trouble.

At least we can rule out him working for Good.
    ScottR, if you have the capacity read my posts then please do so and be sure to read them completely. Then if you wish to call me the liar you have go ahead. But until then please refrain from spewing lies about me.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I thought my question was asked very kindly and without any prejudice of the answer. Sorry to have upset you but I can't recall seeing any of your other posts.

The lashing wasn't directed at you. I get tired of many regulars that just hammer on people. It was a legit question.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  15.    #335  
    OneWing, I think first from what I have seen of Palm and Sprint going after leakers in here the last few months you have a lot to be fearful of. Tracking IP addresses and getting registration info is not that difficult to do to get at someone who has done wrong. Ask the ones who have been caught already. There have been many.
    I'd love to hear from the ones that have been caught. Find out what kind of court orders the websites had to see before they gave out that information.

Second point is you are about the 328th Sprint/Palm/Employee/Tester/Bar Patron/Airplane Passenger who has come in here with faked/semifaked/blurry/shadowy pictures or documents. Forgive us but there are people that have gone to great lengths to scam us and I for one am wanting more proof then an easily faked document and your backing down from your initial saying it was the P version then admitting you can not guarantee that.
    Yes, there have been a lot of scammers who gave no way of proving their images/documents/anectdotal evidence of different things with spectacular announcements. My announcement isn't all that spectacular and, as I have said before, can be validated. The document is authentic. Before posting here, I didn't really consider that there was a possibility of Sprint ever releasing the 700w. That was my mistake and I quickly owned up to that mistake when it was pointed out on this forum.

Lastly, I am sorry for insulting you in any way but you just have to understand you come in here with information the wolves are going to go for the fresh blood. That being said. I am curious why you took this information to us in Treo Central instead of one of the hundreds of other Treo forums? I always find it interesting that someone would do this then take it to a blogger or a legitimate press source and then it can be verified. Seems easier to perpetuate the hoax by bringing it here. And also doing so would surely place your career in jeopardy. So that is my assessment you bring it here so you can more easily gain your fame for having scammed us all.

Anyway that is how I see what is happening right now. Comments?
    I brought it here for a number of reasons. These forums are very easily accessable and can be posted on relatively anonymously. The forums are also full of people who would take a legitimate personal interest in the information, so I thought I could do the most good for the most people here. In order to go through other web media outlets, I would have to make contact with those outlets. I don't know how best to do that and didn't feel like putting the effort into finding out how. It also gives one person the knowledge of who this information comes from. Its much easier to get information out of a single person as opposed to the management of a website that would have to dig through server logs to get information that could eventually lead to me. It also puts the onus on a single person to verify the information, whereas this forum gives many people the ability to do that. Also, the information can adapt and change to the needs of those interested here. The endgadget story is nothing more than that, a single story, not an evolving source of information.

Yes, the wolves were gonna come out. I anticipated that. It's the cynics that aggravate me. You have no problem finding reasons to consider me a fool or proving that I'm an evil person toying with people's hopes for anonymous fame, but you won't take the time or effort to consider the validity of my statements.

A skeptic seeks the truth and the good that can come from it. While doing so, a skeptic may prove many ideas wrong and foolish. A cynic cares nothing for the truth. A cynic exists for no other reason than to make people feel foolish, be they wrong or right in thier assessments.

OneWing
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey G !!

Dragonman confirmed the 'Playbook' . . . . . . . is he a drive by poster?

Cheers, Perry
    Nope, he is a real member and not a drive by. Did he confirm (not speculate)it is a P or a W?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    I'd love to hear from the ones that have been caught. Find out what kind of court orders the websites had to see before they gave out that information.

Yes, there have been a lot of scammers who gave no way of proving their images/documents/anectdotal evidence of different things with spectacular announcements. My announcement isn't all that spectacular and, as I have said before, can be validated. The document is authentic. Before posting here, I didn't really consider that there was a possibility of Sprint ever releasing the 700w. That was my mistake and I quickly owned up to that mistake when it was pointed out on this forum.

I brought it here for a number of reasons. These forums are very easily accessable and can be posted on relatively anonymously. The forums are also full of people who would take a legitimate personal interest in the information, so I thought I could do the most good for the most people here. In order to go through other web media outlets, I would have to make contact with those outlets. I don't know how best to do that and didn't feel like putting the effort into finding out how. It also gives one person the knowledge of who this information comes from. Its much easier to get information out of a single person as opposed to the management of a website that would have to dig through server logs to get information that could eventually lead to me. It also puts the onus on a single person to verify the information, whereas this forum gives many people the ability to do that. Also, the information can adapt and change to the needs of those interested here. The endgadget story is nothing more than that, a single story, not an evolving source of information.

Yes, the wolves were gonna come out. I anticipated that. It's the cynics that aggravate me. You have no problem finding reasons to consider me a fool or proving that I'm an evil person toying with people's hopes for anonymous fame, but you won't take the time or effort to consider the validity of my statements.

A skeptic seeks the truth and the good that can come from it. While doing so, a skeptic may prove many ideas wrong and foolish. A cynic cares nothing for the truth. A cynic exists for no other reason than to make people feel foolish, be they wrong or right in thier assessments.

OneWing
    Thank you for your honest and open answer. I hope you are not to put off by my (and others) questions but new posters with earth shaking information are a dime a dozen. You admit that our questions made you even consider that part of your own perception may be in error. That is my purpose to provide a view which questions and causes one to stop and consider.

Welcome to Treo Central - The PPR to Perry - and the place we all huddle and joke occasionally.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    ScottR, if you have the capacity read my posts then please do so and be sure to read them completely. Then if you wish to call me the liar you have go ahead. But until then please refrain from spewing lies about me.
    Scooter the nancyboy likes to whine about everything, he would rather **** and moan than use the tools TC has for ignoring posts. Kwitcherbichin nancyboy.
    Back on Topic PLEASE!!!
  20.    #340  
    Anonymous84 definitely took that screenshot from a sprint computer. Probably retail. I recognize the programs in the task menu. "Precedent" "I-connect" and "Lightbridge."

Of course, the Excel file he is showing I'm not familiar with, but Sprint does love their spreadsheets, I can tell you that much. Looks legit to me. Also looks like he recieved that file in an e-mail, thus the Excel button at the top "Reply with changes."

Of course, it could be a legit file edited to show the p there, but I think that would be kinda dumb to assume. Occam's Razor and all.

Does that one item in the task bar say "telesales?"