Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Palm OS always crushes Windows Mobile, Palm has always been faster. There we go, another Treo 700p spotting, now from the GoodGuy. It's real!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    And WHO drove away in the convertible with the blond babe at the end of the war?
    She is a brunette....
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    She is a brunette....
    No one questioned her pedigree - "Mandy" was a blond in the movie (as best can be told)
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    My information is that a legitimate Sprint document is announcing the release date of a Treo 700...

Onewing
    Awesome. One thought... the title of the thread appears to be "Confirmed Retail release of 700p. I truly appreciate the zeal of those who rush to post info the latest info discovered about such a product for the rest of us. It was probably the haste to be helpful and your passion to have such a device which prompted you to inadvertantly place the dreaded "p" into the name. I think we've sufficiently de-bunked that the document, legitimate or not, does not identify this as a "p" or "w" but only identifies that it is a Treo model 700 with some relationship to Palm... could be the manufacturer (incidently my own leaning... Sprint currently lists the 650 as "Sprint PCS VisionSM Smart Device Treo™ 650 by palmOne" and on all the other handsets listed in this document the brand of each phone is listed before the model name) or which could be a reference as to the OS on the device. Everything else other than the launch date based on this document is conjecture which has to be based on other "evidence" outside the document.

Wow... that was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Palm OS always crushes Windows Mobile, Palm has always been faster. There we go, another Treo 700p spotting, now from the GoodGuy. It's real!!
    Someone having a testosterone surge today?
    So, do you guys think the 700p will just be called the 700? The presence/absence of the "w" would be the only distinction between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigkendall
    Awesome. One thought... the title of the thread appears to be "Confirmed Retail release of 700p. I truly appreciate the zeal of those who rush to post info the latest info discovered about such a product for the rest of us. It was probably the haste to be helpful and your passion to have such a device which prompted you to inadvertantly place the dreaded "p" into the name. I think we've sufficiently de-bunked that the document, legitimate or not, does not identify this as a "p" or "w" but only identifies that it is a Treo model 700 with some relationship to Palm... could be the manufacturer (incidently my own leaning... Sprint currently lists the 650 as "Sprint PCS VisionSM Smart Device Treo™ 650 by palmOne") or which could be a reference as to the OS on the device. Everything else other than the launch date based on this document is conjecture which has to be based on other "evidence" outside the document.

Wow... that was fun.
    Cigarette?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    Just to add another question to the debate . . .

The palm site that had "700p" in the pulldown menu. It said p . . .

Does this significantly conflict with the notion that Sprint would leave the "p" off of its model name, since Palm is putting the "p" on it?

Discuss.
    OneWing, I think first from what I have seen of Palm and Sprint going after leakers in here the last few months you have a lot to be fearful of. Tracking IP addresses and getting registration info is not that difficult to do to get at someone who has done wrong. Ask the ones who have been caught already. There have been many. Second point is you are about the 328th Sprint/Palm/Employee/Tester/Bar Patron/Airplane Passenger who has come in here with faked/semifaked/blurry/shadowy pictures or documents. Forgive us but there are people that have gone to great lengths to scam us and I for one am wanting more proof then an easily faked document and your backing down from your initial saying it was the P version then admitting you can not guarantee that.

Lastly, I am sorry for insulting you in any way but you just have to understand you come in here with information the wolves are going to go for the fresh blood. That being said. I am curious why you took this information to us in Treo Central instead of one of the hundreds of other Treo forums? I always find it interesting that someone would do this then take it to a blogger or a legitimate press source and then it can be verified. Seems easier to perpetuate the hoax by bringing it here. And also doing so would surely place your career in jeopardy. So that is my assessment you bring it here so you can more easily gain your fame for having scammed us all.

Anyway that is how I see what is happening right now. Comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    So, do you guys think the 700p will just be called the 700? The presence/absence of the "w" would be the only distinction between the two.
    If they were going to do that the one would have been the 700 and the other a nother number like 710 or 725 or something else. The no P theory is hogwash.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    I have heard the opposite in that Sprint will have the P first. I have seen the 700P (can't say which carrier was branded) and it is amazing. We ran tests side-by-side with the 700W (prior to the ROM update, I must add) and the P crushed it.
    Goodguy, sorry but you are a shill for your software I don't have a lot of faith in your words.
    If they were going to do that the one would have been the 700 and the other a nother number like 710 or 725 or something else. The no P theory is hogwash.
    Huh? I don't follow your reasoning. Seems simple to me: the 700 runs POS, the 700w runs Windows. Why is that so absurd?
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous84
    http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?im...titled3ln1.jpg

here ya go..the playbook onewing was talking about. no confirmation if it's a P or a W but it's coming out on the 28th which is a sunday which is the begining of our work week..

it's a little pixaleted but it's the best i can do..definitely not posting the orginal pdf
    Great, thanks, amazing. The 329th confirmed sighting by a newbie!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Huh? I don't follow your reasoning. Seems simple to me: the 700 runs POS, the 700w runs Windows. Why is that so absurd?
    If they were not going to use the P and W designations they would have called the 700W the 700 and the P version the 725 (or something else to differentiate.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I am curious why you took this information to us in Treo Central instead of one of the hundreds of other Treo forums?
    You know there are all kinds of people here. Some will go to a store and hear a date from an employee and think it's good, others have much better sources.

I have posted info here (http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=78694) in the past because this is a great source for Treo info and it's a site that I think is one of the better ones. To my point, keeping in mind that there are people that don't know what they are talking about...

It is very frustrating to post good info here and INSTANTLY have a backlash. You can see in the above link that I pointed people off to MTDN after only a couple of posts because people here are so ruthless.

So, just keep that in mind around here next time someone OFFERS their help. Give them a bit of a chance!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    If they were not going to use the P and W designations they would have called the 700W the 700 and the P version the 725 (or something else to differentiate.
    Maybe, but then the w owners would feel like they got a lesser model (ignoring, for now, the w vs. p argument) because it's a lower number.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Well the RAZR V3 also has a V3c, V3m and a V3i all indicating different aspects of the phone but the are all RAZR's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    It is very frustrating to post good info here and INSTANTLY have a backlash. You can see in the above link that I pointed people off to MTDN after only a couple of posts because people here are so ruthless.

So, just keep that in mind around here next time someone OFFERS their help. Give them a bit of a chance!
    ditto..

if you can't believe a jpeg file created directly from the desktop of a sprint employee who is trying to help..than that just sucks because in the end..we're just trying to help..
    OK. Makes some sense, but I still think this is a possibility, especially given that the treo line has always been palm, with this one exception. Basically the 2 phones would be almost identical except for the OS. ANyway, the point is likely moot since other sites and ROM downloads have indicated that it's a "p"

Whatever...
    dstrauss, I'm not saying that Sprint won't release a 700w, but I *can* provide an easy answer as to why some Sprint employees could insist that the Sprint Treo 700 would be running WM and not Palm OS:

- Internal Sprint documents/communications specify only 700.

- The average Sprint rep is not a PDA geek. When palmOne bought the Palm name and then released a WM Treo, the media and even many experienced Palm OS users were confused and proclaimed that Palm had given up on "it's" OS and switched to the competition. To this day, the average person thinks that Palm owns the Palm OS, so for Palm to embrace WM means that they must have "given up" and stopped using "their own" OS. If experienced PDA users think this, do you honestly expect the average Sprint rep to be better informed?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Maybe, but then the w owners would feel like they got a lesser model (ignoring, for now, the w vs. p argument) because it's a lower number.
    Yeah, but then they'll want to upgrade to get the higher number model! Some people are probably that stupid.