Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I want to turn evil, betray you all by going to a 6700, and kill people.
    I have a Wookie that can handle that situation. . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    It is possible Sprint doesn't use 700P in it's documents because the model will be called the 700. Palm could use the W designation for it's windoze devices and leave the P off on the POS devices since they have never had to designate a similar model on 2 different OS's.

I am speculating and have no proof of this...but it makes sense as to why there is no designation in most Sprint documentation (the one exception being the n4cer doc).

What do you all think about this??
    You beat me to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Those aliens are NOT from the Roswell crash!!!
    I've been there many times - seen the museum - they are real. The truth is out there.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I wouldn't trust a thing that the store employees say. I spoke to one the other day and he said the 700 was coming in June and I asked which one and he said windows. I know this is not true. Most of them are not very informed.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I want to turn evil, betray you all by going to a 6700, and kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I have a Wookie that can handle that situation. . . . . .
    Perry, DrDoom is your father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    I wouldn't trust a thing that the store employees say. I spoke to one the other day and he said the 700 was coming in June and I asked which one and he said windows. I know this is not true. Most of them are not very informed.
    All this dissing of carrier employees gives me gas (and I've never worked for one). They are supposedly dumber than a box of rocks, yet all they've carriied for years are PALM OS Treos (since the 180) yet now they say they're getting a Windows device and they are suddenly clueless. Where would they get the idea they are getting a Windows device if they've never had a Palm with Windows before?
  7.    #287  
    Ok, sorry, had to sleep, do a couple other things and then catch up on the 10 pages that I missed this morning . . .

Here are my thoughts about some of the posts I missed:

Specs for the 550 have not been made available, as far as I know. Remember, I have not seen the "internal document" that you say gave out this information. Also, its A FREKAING LG!!!! Who the heck cares about specs for an LG? Ok, you care? Ok, I'll tell you all the relevant specs: It will look cool, in a Wal-Mart designer clothing line kind of way. The camera will not be good. The battery will be ok for a little while, but after 2 months, you will have to charge it twice a day. There's your specs. Enjoy

I am speculating that it is a p, not a w, because of other outside information that I will not disclose. As of right now, it would be relatively difficult for sprint to find out which of its thousands of employees started this mess. I'd like to keep it that way.

Again, I'd like to state that I know absolutely nothing about any other photos or documents that have been leaked out to the web previously. Stop asking me to collaborate my information with anyone else on other pages. I have given all the information that I know for certain and made it painfully clear that even that is NOTHING MORE THAN A RELEASE DATE. I don't have any problem with you guys being skeptical. Skepticism is a good thing! Just stop getting my information confused with everyone elses. My information is that a legitimate Sprint document is announcing the release date of a Treo 700. I don't care that there are lots more questions to be answered because I don't have the answers. Really I don't. I only know a release date. That's what this thread was, a leak of the release date.

And why are people still questioning the legitimacy of the document? I've given you plenty of ideas on how to prove the legitimacy. True, this doesn't do anything to narrow down the information as anything more than a release date, and perhaps a poorly planned one at that. But the document is legit. You have the tools to find that out for yourself.

I like the thought that Sprint won't have to announce a "p" at the end of the Treo 700. Could be true, maybe not true. But it certainly sounds good!

Anyhow, I'm going to go back to being excited that I know when this device will finally be on the market. I am also going to go back to being very frustrated that I don't know the answers to so many other questions.

Didn't realize you guys were so demanding of your informants. Note to anyone in the future that wants to post information here: Don't bother unless you can answer every concievable question and give proof for everything. It doesn't matter how much of a demand there is for the question you answer; no one will be happy until you can walk to thier door, show them the 700p and let them keep it.

To recap, there was a question as to when sprint would release the Treo 700: I answered it.
    There was a question as to when sprint would release a palm treo 700: I gave an answer that I thought was most likely, and clearly stated that I have no substantial evidence of this, but all current information points to my answer being correct, just not provable at this time.

And those are really the only questions that I am capable of answering in regards to the 700. Perry, while a bit . . . uhm . . . unstable? . . . is content with this. Its one less thing for him to worry about.

If you choose to worry about the logistics of such a launch, fine, I don't have the answers to that. If you wonder about timing issues, specs pricing, etc, these are all legitimate questions that I don't have a legitimate answer for.

But if you are concerned with authenticity of my information, get off your ****, quit berrating me and find out for your self.

Good God I'm grumpy this morning . . .

Onewing
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    All this dissing of carrier employees gives me gas (and I've never worked for one). They are supposedly dumber than a box of rocks, yet all they've carriied for years are PALM OS Treos (since the 180) yet now they say they're getting a Windows device and they are suddenly clueless. Where would they get the idea they are getting a Windows device if they've never had a Palm with Windows before?
    He said it was an easy assumption since the 700 that V carries is WM. I never said that Sprint wouldn't carry it
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Onewing you are very much appreciated. It's a tough bunch here, but you're appreciated. Don't take anyone's comments here personal, we're just a little too obsessed, look we're on this board 24/7,lol. Thanks for all the information you gave.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWing
    Understandably so. I, for one, thank you for your information.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I think you guys did the equivalent of a cat crappin' in his wheaties this morning. I mean onewing put his nuts out there to place that document (which originally he wasn't going to place it...just inform you of it so he went above and beyond what even he was willing to do at first). How does he get re-paid -- beating him up over it for more proof. I'm still on the show me side since all of this transpired but I admire onewing for going the extra mile for us.

There ya go onewing...your thanks and pat on the back for a job well done. Now, go get the answers to all the other questions, ok? And be quick about it. AHAHAHAHAHA
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    ...But if you are concerned with authenticity of my information, get off your ****, quit berrating me and find out for your self.

Onewing
    Thank you.

The problem is not yours, nor even is it a reaction the Slinky doctrine (don't ask). It is squarely on the shoulders of Palm and Sprint. We get reports from NUMEROUS sources of both the "W" and "P" versions of the 700 for Sprint. Different employees "swearing" their information is right. Before its all said and done, they will likely be all correct as both versions see the light of day. And frankly, Palm, whose police have trolled Treocentral for week strying to stamp out leaks, just furthers the anxiety.

So dont get your feeling hurt; you've just been caught up in a nightmare with a life of its own. Go towards the light...all will be well (in the end)...
    I have an official unofficial announcement that I know NOTHING about the Treo 700 p, w, z...ohh no! I've said too much!
  14.    #294  
    Just to add another question to the debate . . .

The palm site that had "700p" in the pulldown menu. It said p . . .

Does this significantly conflict with the notion that Sprint would leave the "p" off of its model name, since Palm is putting the "p" on it?

Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    ...we're just a little too obsessed...
    Ya think?

That reminds me - didn't we run off the dude who outed the Verizon 700w - WeeBitObsessed?
    I think Palm will call it the 700p, I think Sprint jsut listed it as Palm Treo 700. They are both exactly the same thing to me. I know someone that already has a Sprint Treo 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Just to add another question to the debate . . .

The palm site that had "700p" in the pulldown menu. It said p . . .

Does this significantly conflict with the notion that Sprint would leave the "p" off of its model name, since Palm is putting the "p" on it?

Discuss.
    I think we've all "p"'d on it lately.
    http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?im...titled3ln1.jpg

here ya go..the playbook onewing was talking about. no confirmation if it's a P or a W but it's coming out on the 28th which is a sunday which is the begining of our work week..

it's a little pixaleted but it's the best i can do..definitely not posting the orginal pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Perry et al - check out this update from Pimpingee over in the EV-DO thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...669#post973669

Everyone sees him as a good source because he's got the pics from his friend (who either uses or works for Goodlink) and they say Verizon first. That would square with a hacked Verizon hardware model "ROM'd" for the Sprint test software in the pictures. This doesn't conflict with Dragonman's observation of Sprint tech's with beta phones either.

So IF ANY 700 is coming to Sprint on May 28, how likely is it "W" instead of "P"?
    I have heard the opposite in that Sprint will have the P first. I have seen the 700P (can't say which carrier was branded) and it is amazing. We ran tests side-by-side with the 700W (prior to the ROM update, I must add) and the P crushed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous84
    http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?im...titled3ln1.jpg

here ya go..the playbook onewing was talking about. no confirmation if it's a P or a W but it's coming out on the 28th which is a sunday which is the begining of our work week..

it's a little pixaleted but it's the best i can do..definitely not posting the orginal pdf
    Done. Treo 700 (Palm OS) will launch on the 28th.

When will you get yours? How much will you pay? Will you rue the 28th as the day you decided to pay top dollar to become a beta tester? These are the remaining questions.