Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    huh?
    Does your "huh?" refer to the not arguing statement or the 650p concept?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    NO. It will just mean that I and my loyal band of Jedi/Palm Knights will have to regroup on the far side of Endore to await the "delayed" arrival of the SPRINT TREO 700P.

(But the announce of a 700W ain't gonna happen before the announce of the 700P.)

Were your grandmothers' named Polly and Anna?

PS - does that make me Darth Vader?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Does Palm announce tomorrow? NO

Is Silly Season finally over? NO

Any more questions? YES

IF they announce a 700w tomorrow, can I declare SS over?
    Perry: War's over, man. OneWing dropped the big one.
    Dstrauss: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when MS released the 6700 and the 8125? Hell no!
    Postal: Microsoft?
    Haggar: Forget it, he's rolling.
    Dstrauss: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
    [thinks hard]
    Dstrauss: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
    [runs out, alone; then returns]
    Dstrauss: What the fudge happened to the TC Forum I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Dstrauss, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my arse from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. OneWing, he's a dead man! Dragonman, dead! ScottR...
    Gharrod: Dead! Dstrauss's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
    Geatches: We're just the guys to do it.
    Big Tex: Let's do it.
    Munk: LET'S DO EMMA!
    What's my name Doc? Say it. Languilli...say my name Doc.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Perry: War's over, man. OneWing dropped the big one.
    Dstrauss: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when MS released the 6700 and the 8125? Hell no!
    Postal: Microsoft?
    Haggar: Forget it, he's rolling.
    Dstrauss: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
    [thinks hard]
    Dstrauss: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
    [runs out, alone; then returns]
    Dstrauss: What the fudge happened to the TC Forum I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Dstrauss, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my arse from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. OneWing, he's a dead man! Dragonman, dead! ScottR...
    Gharrod: Dead! Dstrauss's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
    Geatches: We're just the guys to do it.
    Big Tex: Let's do it.
    Munk: LET'S DO EMMA!
    And WHO drove away in the convertible with the blond babe at the end of the war?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    And WHO drove away in the convertible with the blond babe at the end of the war?
    You da man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Are You Not Entertained?!?

There's my BOY!!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    All I wanna know is if I am gonna be able to get a Verizon-based 700p come August 4th when my upgrade window kicks in...

Oh yeah, and maybe if there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll... and if Bigfoot really exists... and if we really do have frozen aliens from a crash landing in Roswell...

Nah... the 700p for Verizon in August will do.

Back on topic - so if Sprint releases on the 28th, perhaps Palm will have pre-orders ready to ship on the 24th? I don't want to walk into a Sprint store on a Sunday or on Memorial Day to get this piggy.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer
    All I wanna know is if I am gonna be able to get a Verizon-based 700p come August 4th when my upgrade window kicks in...

Oh yeah, and maybe if there was a second gunman on the grassy knoll... and if Bigfoot really exists... and if we really do have frozen aliens from a crash landing in Roswell...

I believe Verizon will get it before, or at the same time Sprint does.
    NO. It will just mean that I and my loyal band of Jedi/Palm Knights will have to regroup on the far side of Endore to await the "delayed" arrival of the SPRINT TREO 700P.

(But the announce of a 700W ain't gonna happen before the announce of the 700P.)

I want to turn evil, betray you all by going to a 6700, and kill people.
    It'll be fun.

1. Maybe
    2. Yes
    3. Maybe
    4. Yes

Yer battin' 50/50

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    1. Maybe
    2. Yes
    3. Maybe
    4. Yes

Yer battin' 50/50
    Those aliens are NOT from the Roswell crash!!!
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I have a convertible.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    I believe Verizon will get it before, or at the same time Sprint does.
    I think the pics showing the Verizon casings on the 700p "test" models would logically point to the "Verizon first" theory, but the lack of any "leaks", Verizon "playbooks", and the closeness of the release dates for Sprint give me cause to pause. But I hope you are right Postal.
    Legalbeagle
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli
    I think the pics showing the Verizon casings on the 700p "test" models would logically point to the "Verizon first" theory, but the lack of any "leaks", Verizon "playbooks", and the closeness of the release dates for Sprint give me cause to pause. But I hope you are right Postal.
    For what it's worth, I visited a Verizon Wireless store today and a salesman told me that they do not have any information about a new PalmOS-based Treo.

I asked him if he would be allowed to tell me if he did know about such a device and he said yes.

I fall in the "dual carrier" launch camp -- I believe there is a distinct possibility that both Sprint and Verizon will get the 700P at the same time. I have one source confirming the Verizon 700P as the real deal. I think Verizon has kept quiet to give the 700W it's space -- but once Sprint has the 700P --there would be no reason to hold back.

Cheers, Perry.
    Were your grandmothers' named Polly and Anna?

PS - does that make me Darth Vader?
    NO, not even one of the slated to be knocked off during this episode Red Shirts from Star Trek days. . . . . .

Come with us my friend, believe!