Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    That reminds me of the old joke:

On his way home from work, a man calls his wife to ask if she needs anything. The wife warns him that she heard on the radio that someone is driving the wrong way on the highway. Her husband replies, one guy, they're all driving the wrong way!
    RIMSHOT
    crapshoot.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Has anyone thought of the possibility that Palm will continue numbering PalmOS devices as just numbers and only Windows devices will get a letter designation "W"?

So the "Treo 700" we see on Sprint documents is just like a "Treo 650" -- it doesn't need a "P".

Cheers, Perry.
    Now I'm convinced Perry works for Palm Good point Perry.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Has anyone thought of the possibility that Palm will continue numbering PalmOS devices as just numbers and only Windows devices will get a letter designation "W"?

So the "Treo 700" we see on Sprint documents is just like a "Treo 650" -- it doesn't need a "P".

Cheers, Perry.
    That's a great point, Perry. This makes a lot of sense. 700 is the original, and 700w is simply a variation of the original.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Cheers, Perry.
    See other post at 11:32am E.S.T...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...886#post973886
    As to the comment: "Why is the LG550 spec sheet out and not the Treo 700P's if they are on the same Palybook page?

Does Samsung have Secrecy Police? Maybe they aren't waiting for the "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT DAY" like Palm.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    That's a great point, Perry. This makes a lot of sense. 700 is the original, and 700w is simply a variation of the original.
    Opps -- Dragonman thought of it first. Thanks for the reference Postal!
    Perry's right. After all, with all the hype MS gets, if it was a windows version, the playbook would surely list the w.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Opps -- Dragonman thought of it first. Thanks for the reference Postal!
    That's what I'm here for. God am I lonely.
    ...but I am worried that with all the to do about the 700p, that Perry is obsessing sooo much over the release of this model, that he hasn't fully devoted attention to his beloved 650 as he should.

Poor, poor 650

Thread Crapper

The document IS from the weekly playbook...

IOW...verified.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    OKAY, THAT'S IT, I'M CALLING IT.

THANK
    GOD
    THIS
    UNENDING
    SILLY
    SEASON
    IS
    FINALLY
    OVER
    !!

We done now?
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/10/2006 at 12:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    The more I look at the spy shots that we have...I think Verizon is sweeping in to steal the show here.
    I have just returned from my local Verizon Wireless store. A salesman told me he does not know of any new Palm OS-based Treo to be released.

I asked him if he would be allowed to tell me if he knew of one. He said yes.
    Does Palm announce tomorrow? NO

Is Silly Season finally over? NO

Any more questions? YES

IF they announce a 700w tomorrow, can I declare SS over?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    While I don't overtly disagree with this possiblity, that the "w" would only be used for the windows OS device, don't forget should a "p" show up it would be the first release of a new Treo since the 700w. The 700w may have set a new numbering/branding pattern required since there were now two OS driven Treos. A case which was not formerly true. Had the 700w been around when the 650 was released, it might have been called the 650p.

Again, not arguing for... or against... just inputing information.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigkendall
    [snip].... Had the 700w been around when the 650 was released, it might have been called the 650p.

huh?

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by craigkendall
    While I don't overtly disagree with this possiblity, that the "w" would only be used for the windows OS device, don't forget should a "p" show up it would be the first release of a new Treo since the 700w. The 700w may have set a new numbering/branding pattern required since there were now two OS driven Treos. A case which was not formerly true. Had the 700w been around when the 650 was released, it might have been called the 650p.

That's just as likely as the other way around., Besides, all these drive by newbies reference a 700p model as well, and if Verizon is really getting one, it would almost have to be "P" to differentiate, which leaves you with - "Dear Sprint, is your mere 700 as good as Verizon's 700P?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    huh?
    Nick, is there anybody in there (as we administer a noogie)?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Does Palm announce tomorrow? NO (MAYBE)

Is Silly Season finally over? NO (YES)

Any more questions? YES (NO)

IF they announce a 700w tomorrow, can I declare SS over?

NO. It will just mean that I and my loyal band of Jedi/Palm Knights will have to regroup on the far side of Endore to await the "delayed" arrival of the SPRINT TREO 700P.

(But the announce of a 700W ain't gonna happen before the announce of the 700P.)