Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    The more I look at the spy shots that we have...I think Verizon is sweeping in to steal the show here. The pic looks legit that they actually have a 700p in production form complete with Access logo on the battery cover (like palm logo on every other treo).

At the same time we have one decent pic of a Sprint labeled production form treo from back in february BUT a verizon branded Sprint hack-job from this week. It raises more questions than answers.

Given all that plus this new non-distinctive Sprint calendar of releases and I'm completely thrown over to the gharrod/postal side of things. I'll need to see this thing in stores before I'll believe anything now. Sorry Perry I personally don't think silly season is over yet.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Draonman, that makes sense. Otherwise, the word "palm" would effectively be contained twice in the product name: the Palm Treo 700palm. We could start calling it the Palm Palm.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I've got two weeks of military duty coming up in June. I have a 650, and will *not* go to the 700W. If it's a 700p that's releasing on the 28th I'll buy it. I'd like to have a 700p before I go, as a way of keeping better in touch with my family while I'm gone.

The thing is, this is a significant purchase for me. I wish Sprint would just 'fess up so that those of us who are mere mortals and have to budget stuff could try and do so.

I don't understand why Sprint can't just put out some specific info so that those of us who have to actually plan things could do so.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Draonman, that makes sense. Otherwise, the word "palm" would effectively be contained twice in the product name: the Palm Treo 700palm. We could start calling it the Palm Palm.
    Wouldn't that make us all cheerleaders then if we all had palm palms?
    For you Sprint employees, what's the EV-DO rollout looking like for everyone who doesn't live in a major city? It seems to me it might be better to get the 650 for way cheap than to buy a new 700 when the service might not be available for a year or two to take advantage of it.
    Wow, looks like Cingular is switching to CDMA JUST to carry the 700p!

(well, why not? Without anything concrete it's all vapors anyway, so I thought I'd throw that in...)

Then again, for all I know, you ALL could work for VZW and Sprint...in which case you all have 700p's and I am the only one who doesn't....sigh

/me ducks and runs away, dodging the shrapnel...
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Explains Perry....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic
    Wow, looks like Cingular is switching to CDMA JUST to carry the 700p!

(well, why not? Without anything concrete it's all vapors anyway, so I thought I'd throw that in...)

Then again, for all I know, you ALL could work for VZW and Sprint...in which case you all have 700p's and I am the only one who doesn't....sigh

/me ducks and runs away, dodging the shrapnel...
    Hey, I'm with you...I already called the Nextel 700p to be released as the i700p photo at left. So I have confirmed proof...since....I have a photo, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    The joke is on all of us...because as I pondered a week ago... the 700P is what gtwo...he's been laughing at us harder than ANYONE at Palm or Sprint...
    As I speculated several months ago, Perry is a Palm employee trying to drum up support for the 700p. He would post more often, but Ed Colligan will can him if he doesn't get the bugs in the 900l fixed by the end of spring (and therefore, take away his 900l). Here's hoping he gets canned and leaks some pics.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Alas, I can once again reign supreme with the impending arrival of the 700p!
    I was large and in charge!
    "Testimony not based on actual personal knowledge or observation of the facts in controversy, but of other facts from which deductions are drawn, showing indirectly the facts sought to be proved." People v. Yokum

Or, 'I saw him pull the trigger' vs. 'He was pointing the gun, then I heaD
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    The more I look at the spy shots that we have...I think Verizon is sweeping in to steal the show here. The pic looks legit that they actually have a 700p in production form complete with Access logo on the battery cover (like palm logo on every other treo).

At the same time we have one decent pic of a Sprint labeled production form treo from back in february BUT a verizon branded Sprint hack-job from this week. It raises more questions than answers.

Given all that plus this new non-distinctive Sprint calendar of releases and I'm completely thrown over to the gharrod/postal side of things. I'll need to see this thing in stores before I'll believe anything now. Sorry Perry I personally don't think silly season is over yet.
    After being told several months ago that "Verizon would be getting the 700 p" soon, I just called the reps' office that services a rather large account at BYU to see if there is any update. The "main" rep was in meetings, but one of his underlings indicated that she had not heard anything new and that her information was that Verizon would not get the p until fall. Of course this falls into the "I know a guy who knows I guy who knows nothing" category. I really would think that if Verizon is going to have the p before Sprint, they are really asleep at the marketing switch or Sprint is only going to get the w in May. I hope that I am wrong on both those scenarios.
    Legalbeagle
    CircumstantIAL, that is.

...and I heard a band'

I thought this might be helpful.
    VisorPhone Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Had to change it back...I was confusing myself.
    Welcome to my nightmare! You confuse me also. I want you to add a monkey shot (not that kind) to the Tang.
    Bang, not band.

Jeez...
    VisorPhone Clone
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli
    After being told several months ago that "Verizon would be getting the 700 p" soon, I just called the reps' office that services a rather large account at BYU to see if there is any update. The "main" rep was in meetings, but one of his underlings indicated that she had not heard anything new and that her information was that Verizon would not get the p until fall. Of course this falls into the "I know a guy who knows I guy who knows nothing" category. I really would think that if Verizon is going to have the p before Sprint, they are really asleep at the marketing switch or Sprint is only going to get the w in May. I hope that I am wrong on both those scenarios.
    Agreed I know a guy who knows a guy...here's what I got...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=147
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    It exists and is already being used by some. NDA's have been signed.
    If you think about it the NDAonly says you can't talk about the device or verify the existence. Fact is if there is an NDA it verifies the existence so all we need is a verification of the NDA and case is closed. Now who can get me a copy of the NDA with portions redacted?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Then by definition I am not the skeptic. All of you are since 99.999999% of the population of the earth has no proof of the existence of the 700P. You are the minority. I am the majority.
    That reminds me of the old joke:

On his way home from work, a man calls his wife to ask if she needs anything. The wife warns him that she heard on the radio that someone is driving the wrong way on the highway. Her husband replies, one guy, they're all driving the wrong way!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    That reminds me of the old joke:

On his way home from work, a man calls his wife to ask if she needs anything. The wife warns him that she heard on the radio that someone is driving the wrong way on the highway. Her husband replies, one guy, they're all driving the wrong way!
    So wait a minute...who was right?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    You've got the spirit, let everybody hear it.