Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    This even tops Perry - quoting third person twice...

These are desparate times...times that try men's souls...time for Maximus Munk
    Are You Not Entertained?!?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    "Excellent! I told you, it is MY island"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    I've removed my Avatar as a precautionary measure.

Craigkendall,
    Wanna bet $50 on which Treo will be released?? I say Palm.
    Hearsay. You can't prove anything till it happens. And no... I don't want to bet. That would be stupid. Why would I want to bet on something about which all I had to base my position on being the word of a tech support person. For all you or I know our sources are just some person sitting in their underwear at their home who's paid to use a Q&A program to answer customers questions. If they don't have an answer they could just make it up.

Basically, all I was attempting to do was add what info I had "discovered" to what others are sharing. It WAS curious to me that the tech mentioned a May 28 date in my conversation and that's what's on that playbook. But no... not willing to bet on that alone.
    Here's a thought.... could it be possibly possible that the playbook had no P because there is no need- that perhaps Sprint saw the reviews of the Vzn 700W saying the 650 was better, and they may have taken a pass at the W, opting to go with only the P for now- so they had no need to differentiate the P or W, since they will just carry the P?

Clear as mud?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I am definitely entertained.
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    I am definitely entertained.
    Yeah...Me Too. huh?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    Here's a thought.... could it be possibly possible that the playbook had no P because there is no need- that perhaps Sprint saw the reviews of the Vzn 700W saying the 650 was better, and they may have taken a pass at the W, opting to go with only the P for now- so they had no need to differentiate the P or W, since they will just carry the P?

Clear as mud?
    Orrrrrr...it leaves them open to launch whichever one is working on the network by the release date? Why else field trials days before "supposed" release?
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1

Clear as mud?
    Anything is possible (possibly).
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Anything is possible (possibly).
    Definitely maybe.
    It's gonna be a big roll out. I can't wait to see the dancin' piglets.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

The person I know that has it is an a Sprint Tech.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Treo 700p's are already in some people's hands.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Treo 700p's are already in some people's hands.
    The joke is on all of us...because as I pondered a week ago... the 700P is what gtwo...he's been laughing at us harder than ANYONE at Palm or Sprint...
    As dragonman also stated, I also know of 1 person who has a Sprint Treo 700p already. It is already in some people's hands. NDA's.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I can state with 100% accuracy that I know a guy, that knows a guy, that is not a Sprint employee, that doesn't have a 700p in his hands.

Thread Crapper

lol
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I can state with 100% accuracy that I know a guy, that knows a guy, that is not a Sprint employee, that doesn't have a 700p in his hands.
    I know it sounds weird... but I really am compelled to believe you over all the others posting here.
    It is possible Sprint doesn't use 700P in it's documents because the model will be called the 700. Palm could use the W designation for it's windoze devices and leave the P off on the POS devices since they have never had to designate a similar model on 2 different OS's.

I am speculating and have no proof of this...but it makes sense as to why there is no designation in most Sprint documentation (the one exception being the n4cer doc).

What do you all think about this??
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    NDA's have already been signed? Well you know what that means...Brighthand will be publishing their official review on the official release date, which will be several days after all the non-NDA regular folks were able to buy one early and post their unofficial reviews.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    It is possible Sprint doesn't use 700P in it's documents because the model will be called the 700. Palm could use the W designation for it's windoze devices and leave the P off on the POS devices since they have never had to designate a similar model on 2 different OS's.

I am speculating and have no proof of this...but it makes sense as to why there is no designation in most Sprint documentation (the one exception being the n4cer doc).

What do you all think about this??
    Now that would actually make sense.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."