1.    #1  
    Ok, so after using VersaMail without a single problem for the past two months, it craps out on me when autosyncing to my SBC Yahoo! account. I've tried everything from a soft reset, hard reset, and deleting and reinstalling the SBC Yahoo! information. Nothing works! If I want my e-mail from that account I have to do it manually. Interestingly, I don't have a problem with the other two accounts I have (Chicago State University and Sprint).

With that said, I'm asking for recommendations from the good folks here. I need a program that will do what VersaMail is supposed to do or more, AND since I'll be paying for this, I want to see HTML pics. I've looked up Chatter e-mail and Snapper, but neither one state whether HTML pics are visible.

Can anyone let me know of a program that does this?
    Are you talking about images embedded in an HTML message via the use of CID, or, are you talking about attached images?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Are you talking about images embedded in an HTML message via the use of CID, or, are you talking about attached images?
    Embedded images in HTML format that show up as little red Xs in VersaMail.
    I use Snappermail, let me see what happens with me...
    The message is rendered showing the text part, images embedded in the HTML are shown as attachments and are accessible for viewing. No red X's or image place-holders. Does this make sense?
  6.    #6  
    Yes, that makes sense. Are there any programs that will show the embedded pics as they appear in the message? I'd prefer to do that than have to view them as attachments.
    I'm not aware of any that do that.

Marc
    Gosh, Marc, don't be so modest. When I see a message using Chatter that has the "little red x's" all I have to do is hit the red button that says "viewer" and they are rendered perfectly. Of course they are fetched at that time vs. pre-fetched, but given all the junk HTML that comes across my email, this is a better use of time and band-width for me. I like Chatter's current approach to handling this challenge.
  9.    #9  
    I was able to figure out the problem I was encountering with my SBC Yahoo! account and Versa Mail. If you have too many messages in your in box, Versa Mail will time out before it completes the sorting to retrieve new messages. I was at 700 e-mails. By clearing the old messages out of my in box, Versa Mail is back working properly. Red Xs and all!
    easy...switch to chatter.

you can view html messages with images in BLazer.

Perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I'm not aware of any that do that.

Marc

Hahahaha

A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    easy...switch to chatter.

you can view html messages with images in BLazer.

Perfect!
    I'll gladly pay for an e-mail program that will show the html pics embedded in the message. Until then I'll stick with Versa Mail now that I know what went wrong with it. I'm getting that warm and fuzzy fealing now that this is working with the 700p coming out! 2-year contract for $399 her I come!
    You can always do the trial if you are worried about shelling out some $. Try it and you'll probably buy it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    I'll gladly pay for an e-mail program that will show the html pics embedded in the message.
    Yes, and until you get a Palm-based Treo that is EVDO enabled such a feature would slow your email to a crawl as it either downloads the associated images as it fetches the email from your server, or waits to access the images and download them before it opens an email on your device for viewing. On a 1x connection, with limited device memory, its just too much to ask for a variety of reasons.
  15.    #15  
    Hopefully the 700p will have this capability. I plan on picking one up within the next month assuming I can qualify for the $399 w/2-year contract deal. My contract expired in 6/04.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Hopefully the 700p will have this capability. I plan on picking one up within the next month assuming I can qualify for the $399 w/2-year contract deal. My contract expired in 6/04.
    I wouldn't bet on it. Versacrap will have some other issues, unless Palm has done a 180 on it like they appear to have done on Blazer. My guess? They've done a 360.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I wouldn't bet on it. Versacrap will have some other issues, unless Palm has done a 180 on it like they appear to have done on Blazer. My guess? They've done a 360.
    Probably. But like I said, I'll gladly pay for an app that shows embedded html images. Otherwise, assuming Versa Mail maintains the status quo I'll stick with it now that I solved my failure notice issues.