Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    And also which corded headset to stop wind noise?
    You could always http://digilander.libero.it/le.facci...r/00012035.gif but look at the Ericsson HBH-660 for a BT headset and the Shure QuietSpot for a corded one.
    I like the Cardo Scala 500 - great wind noise protection and only $39.95 at Amazon. Also, it is very easy to use and very easy to pair with the 650. It is the best value for the $s out there.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhead
    I like the Cardo Scala 500 - great wind noise protection and only $39.95 at Amazon. Also, it is very easy to use and very easy to pair with the 650. It is the best value for the $s out there.
    YOu can get it for $10 here after a $40 rebate. I personally returned two after trying them out....lousy quality IMO, but a good deal certainly for a spare in the car/home. I'm waiting for the Plantronics 645 to come down in price.
    Last edited by dwman; 05/08/2006 at 07:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I love the Cardo Scals 500, it took a little to get onto the fact that you need to let the phone connect with the head set before answering, but nice volume, and no connections problems with the phone!!!
    LOVE IT
    Terry
    There's probably a dozen threads on the topic worth reading.

I use the Treo Wireless Headset so as to save on travel weight as it uses same charger as Treo. I get 28-30 feet range with no static. I added a jabra ear gel (med clear from Radio Shack assorted 6 pak) to prevent speaker sound from feeding back from ear to mike when volume up loud and creating an echo.
    I got static with the Scala-500, and I'm still searching.

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Jabra jx10 w/mini ear gel. comfortable fit and plenty loud.
    Had the scala...too much static, too loose on the ear, and poor sound quality.

I opted recently for the Plantronics 510. Very secure fit (for my ear) and the best quality of any BT headset I've ever owned. (previously had 2 diff Jabras and a Moto).
    I have to say dittos on the Cardio 500. I was going fast on a bicycle, taliking to a client, and she reported no wind noise when I was using the Cardio.. For other reasons, namely, the Cardio didn't pick up calls fast enough, I went to the Sony HBH-300 with a Radio Shack tie clip mike wind screen crazy glued to the end of the boom, covering the mike. This Sony set up works like a champ, and I've been using it almost a year now.
    i wanted to know what other headsets were people using for the treo 650 that work great, i tried out the scala 500 and didnt like it found the same problems as some other people were having, it has static and doesnt work that great. I also bought this motorola headset which seems to be even worse, i need to press a button on it for it to connect each time.

I head sony ericsson was pretty good not sure which model, anyone has any info on whats a good bluetooth headset?
    any thoughts?? sugestions ideaS?
    i had the Logitech Mobile Freedom and loved it! The volume was great, it fit comfortably on the ear, never noticed any static, and most of all it picked up a call in about a second or two. It is a bit bulky lookin, but it works great.