Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    So, I thought it was the battery, that was just GONE. so I replaced it,

plugged in the charger and it just won't charger. So, I tried another charger, that works with a friends TREO 600 and sure enough, THAT doesn't work either.

So, where are the places to look on the treo 600, when one KNOWS that the battery is good, but the unit just won't charge?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    so, it appears after much closer inspection, that the problem is the female charging jack on the BOTTOM of the unit.

Anyone know if this can be repaired, who can do it and at what cost?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    have u looked at ebay? either for parts/and/or replacement 600??
    I'm on my 4th battery for my original Handspring Treo 600; each lasted shorter and shorter. The 4th installed basically useless, leading me to believe that the problem is elsewhere in the phone.

I can only make calls if plugged in or at near 100% power, and they sound bad to the listener, and they drop off.

I think it just reached a natural death.
    Quote Originally Posted by cybe
    I'm on my 4th battery for my original Handspring Treo 600; each lasted shorter and shorter. The 4th installed basically useless, leading me to believe that the problem is elsewhere in the phone.

I can only make calls if plugged in or at near 100% power, and they sound bad to the listener, and they drop off.

I think it just reached a natural death.
    Where do you get your batteries? Just curious...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    maybe nobeez can help ya

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113889

If ya burnin thru batteries I'd suspect a car charger (fast charger)
    eBay, PDAparts, digitalunique, no difference - all died quicker and quicker. The linear trend in battery life supports my phone theory. First lasted over a year, second six months, then 3 months, then 1 week.