1.    #1  
    How can you tell on which Cingular Service are you on? Mine just says Cingular everywhere. If it's on the color of the logo on the phone and the phone bill, then I know the answer.

Also, is the treo 650 set up to change towers on it's own. I just unlocked my phone but I've noticed that everytime that I'm out of my normal areas, I either have a low signal or an SOS ONLY signal. Is there a way to make your phone check for the network without having to turn the phone off/on. This is getting annoying, especially when you are on the road.

I haven't ventured outside my area since I unlocked this morning. Just curious!

Thanks.
    Unlocking your phone just lets you use other service's SIM cards (e.g. T-Mobile). It doesn't affect the normal operation that you see with your original SIM card.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGUNS
    How can you tell on which Cingular Service are you on? Mine just says Cingular everywhere. If it's on the color of the logo on the phone and the phone bill, then I know the answer.

Thanks.

As far as I know, if you were with AT&T when they merged with Cingular and haven't changed your accounts, you're with Blue. Any new customers and changes to existing accounts since the merger puts you with Orange. I'm a long-term AT&T customer, and even though my billing statements now say Cingular, and my phone says I'm on the Cingular network, I'm on Blue.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NGUNS
    Also, is the treo 650 set up to change towers on it's own. I just unlocked my phone but I've noticed that everytime that I'm out of my normal areas, I either have a low signal or an SOS ONLY signal. Is there a way to make your phone check for the network without having to turn the phone off/on. This is getting annoying, especially when you are on the road.

I haven't ventured outside my area since I unlocked this morning. Just curious!

Thanks.
    If you're using ATT (blue) simcard, then you're a lucky man. You can go to phone main screen (dial pad), press Menu, then coose options, then select "Select Network..." After active this func, the phone shows it status, then pop-up network available. Eventhough, they named "Cingular", just pick one. You have to do "try & error" to figure out which one has the best signal.

If you're using Cingular simcard (orange), you have to go here in oder to do above steps, b/c orange simcard surpass this option.

Good Luck.
  5.    #5  
    I was able to open up the Network but only two Cingulars show up. The second does work. Now I know I'm with Orange. I had to switch to cingular after they purposely (word of mouth) block certain areas of service with AT&T. Service was great after I switched. But I am experiencing problems with the treo 650. I keep getting an SOS Only -No Service on it. It's driving me nuts. Does anybody know how to make the phone search for the network without turning it on and off?