Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I know I am OT here as my questions are about software not hardware, but I was hoping I could put them all here and actually get some answers.

    1. I downloaded some Agendus trials yesterday and deleted them also, at least I think I got all their files off they dumped a lot more than I realized onto my machine. Now I cant complete a hot sync, it says too many databases open. Any ideas?

    2. I am using ACT! 2006 on my laptop and I cant get the tasks to sync between the laptop and Treo. This is really annoying! If anyone can help me here I will really appreciate it.

    3. What software do I need to add to open attachments in Versamail? Especially PDF's

    Thanks for any help or suggestions. I dont think I really need any software much better than what came on the Treo as I am not looking to do a lot more, just fix these couple of issues.

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Hi giff74!

    On #3 -- On your install CD -- there should be a program called Documents To Go -- you can view, edit and create MSWord and MSExcel files with it. View PowerPoint files and, with version 8 -- you can view PDF files.

    Once you install it, use the following tool to regain 4mb of your internal memory:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/08/2006 at 05:54 AM.
  3. #3  
    Sorry if this sounds too basic, but you might just want to soft reset your Palm (remove the battery) and reboot your PC
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy22
    Sorry if this sounds too basic, but you might just want to soft reset your Palm (remove the battery) and reboot your PC
    Are you suggesting I do this make the sync work again? If so I did try that, I am not a "tech guy" so I always try that first and pray it works. No luck so far.

    If this is the cure for something else please tell me more.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi giff74!

    On #3 -- On your install CD -- there should be a program called Documents To Go -- you can view, edit and create MSWord and MSExcel files with it. View PowerPoint files and, with version 8 -- you can view PDF files.

    Once you install it, use the following tool to regain 4mb of your internal memory:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

    Cheers, Perry.

    Would this be included in the information I already downloaded or do I need to put the CD back in?

    Thanks
  6. #6  
    1. First app you want to install on a Treo is Northglide's "Uninstall Manager". It takes all the crap out the simply deleting the program levaes behind.

    2. I thot ACT had a Palm component. I belive that the folks at XTNDconnectPC have a conduit that syncs act Desktop to Palm device thi.

    3. PalmPDF is free. Docs 2Go on the CD.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by giff74
    Would this be included in the information I already downloaded or do I need to put the CD back in?

    Thanks
    If you do not see a "Documents" icon on your Treo under "ALL" applications -- then you need to put the CD back in and select something like "More Software" at the opening screen -- then select Docs To Go.

    Cheers, Perry.
  8. #8  
    The synching problem....likely a conduit was installed on your dektop. You can probably uninstall it through control panel, or simply disable it by right clicking on your hotsynch icon (next to your clock), select custom, the doubleclick the agentus conduit and choose "do nothing" and click the "set as default", then click OK. Should work.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  9. #9  
  10.    #10  
    I have installed Conuit Buddy and Live Sync, but I dont understand how to use either one of them. I can sync at all, it says "important desktop components are missing." I have not intentionally removed any desktop components, just twiddled around with the Conduit Buddy and Live Sync.

    I have a mess someone please help!
  11.    #11  
    OK, I got it to sync, but it doesnt find the ACT! info during sync and it wont open PDF attachments.

    Any ideas?
  12. #12  
    Do you have a program that provides an ACT conduit ? I assume you have this

    http://www.act.com/products/2006/index.cfm

    but do you have this ?

    http://www.act.com/products/mobile/index.cfm

    If you don't have the above, you gonna need soemthing like this to provide a conduit between the desktop and Treo

    http://www.extendedsystems.com/web/c...B1AD4D6FA06319
  13. #13  
    for PDF's, use this:

    http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...PDF/index.html

    it works and it is free.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Do you have a program that provides an ACT conduit ? I assume you have this

    http://www.act.com/products/2006/index.cfm

    but do you have this ?

    http://www.act.com/products/mobile/index.cfm

    If you don't have the above, you gonna need soemthing like this to provide a conduit between the desktop and Treo

    http://www.extendedsystems.com/web/c...B1AD4D6FA06319
    Thanks! Somehow I had lost the ACT! conduit.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    for PDF's, use this:

    http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...PDF/index.html

    it works and it is free.
    Thanks! This one worked right away.

Posting Permissions