1.    #1  
    Hi everyone...

I need help with transferring the files I have stored on my Nokia 3650 memory card (MMC?) to my Treo 650. Mainly sound clips and there are they are only 10MB. Both have Bluetooth but I don't know how to work that.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Card reader to PC to the SD card you are using in the Treo?
    Does the Nokia have a "send" function for files? Bluetooth might be a selectable option. . . .
  4.    #4  
    That's the thing. I don't have a card reader. I never felt the need for one. And yes, I have a 512MB SD card...Hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    That's the thing. I don't have a card reader. I never felt the need for one. And yes, I have a 512MB SD card...Hmmm...
    Well,

1. $19,95 , SanDisk 8n1 or 12n1 USB card reader, or

2. How much free space does your Treo have? Assuming it is the right size, put the MMC card in the Treo -- transfer files to internal memory, then transfer them to the 512 SD card. (If you are crunched for space -- you could do a hot sync, then a hard reset to get 22mb free, do the transfer, then hotsync to restore the Treo.)

FileZ by www.nosleep.net (click on Download)
    (freeware file manger.)

Cheers, Perry.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Well,

1. $19,95 , SanDisk 8n1 or 12n1 USB card reader, or

2. How much free space does your Treo have? Assuming it is the right size, put the MMC card in the Treo -- transfer files to internal memory, then transfer them to the 512 SD card. (If you are crunched for space -- you could do a hot sync, then a hard reset to get 22mb free, do the transfer, then hotsync to restore the Treo.)

FileZ by www.nosleep.net (click on Download)
    (freeware file manger.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Hey Perry,

Thanks for the reply. The MMC card from my Nokia does not fit into the Treo 650. Maybe I'll just transfer the files via Infrared to my laptop and then just hotsync them to my Treo. That might be a solution.
    <<1. $19,95 , SanDisk 8n1 or 12n1 USB card reader, or<<<

GOOD LORD, thats expensive. here in germany you dont need more that 10 euros for an all in one card reader.

CrunchDude, get yourself a card reader. fast for a day or two to finance it. its worth it and you'll need it more often as time progresses. bluetoothing or infraredding large files is pretty bothersome.
    Doesn't the Nokia have IR? You could just beam the files (one by one) to your Treo.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    <<1. $19,95 , SanDisk 8n1 or 12n1 USB card reader, or<<<

GOOD LORD, thats expensive. here in germany you dont need more that 10 euros for an all in one card reader.

CrunchDude, get yourself a card reader. fast for a day or two to finance it. its worth it and you'll need it more often as time progresses. bluetoothing or infraredding large files is pretty bothersome.
    Will der cardreader sowohl die Nokia MMC und auch die Treo 650 SD card lesen?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    Doesn't the Nokia have IR? You could just beam the files (one by one) to your Treo.
    Well, I figured I'd beam them from the Nokia to my laptop and then hotsync them to the Treo? I already tried using Bluetooth to transfer the files from the Nokia to the Treo, but to no avail. You think IR might be more successful?

Thanks for your help!
    <<<Will der cardreader sowohl die Nokia MMC und auch die Treo 650 SD card lesen?<<<

yes definitely, have a look at this one for example:

http://www2.atelco.de/7AMbJsZZkXDekg...agid=221&adp=1

its a shop link, so i hope it doesn't die too soon.

costs 10 euros and reads 51 card types, here the list:
    Compact Flash Serie
    . CF I, CF I Pro, CF I Pro II,
    . CF I Elite Pro, CF I Ultra II,
    . CF Ultra-X, CF I Extreme,
    . CF I Extreme III, CF I High
    . Speed, CF I WA, CF I
    . Picture, CF II, Micro Drive,
    . Magic Stor
    - Memory Stick Serie
    . MS, MS Pro, MS Duo, MS Pro
    . Duo, MS Magic Gate,
    . MS Pro Magic Gate,
    . MS Duo Magic Gate, MS Pro
    . Duo Magic Gate, MS Memory
    . Select Function, MS Rom,
    . MS Pro MG Extreme, MS Pro
    . MG Extreme III, MS Duo MG
    . High Speed, MS Pro Duo MG
    . Ultra II, MS Pro Duo MG High
    . Speed, MS Pro MG Ultra II
    - Smart Media Serie
    . SM, SMC, XD, XM M type
    - Secure Digital Serie
    . SD, SD Pro, SD Elite Pro,
    . SD Ultra, SD Ultra II, SD
    . Extreme, SD Extreme III,
    . SD High Speed 150x, MMC,
    . MMC 4.0, MMC High Speed,
    . MMC Mobile, MMC plus 200x,
    . RS MMC, RS MMC DV, RX MMC
    . High Speed
    - Mit Adapter:
    . Mini SD, TransFlash, Micro-SD
    I transfer files from my Treo to my wife's Nokia 6102 all the time via IR.....not sure if the Nokia can send the files back though. You could always use Nokia's PC Suite software to send all the files to your PC, then just copy or hotsync them from the PC to the Treo...very, very, very simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude
    The MMC card from my Nokia does not fit into the Treo 650.
    Seriously? I've got an old 3650, and the standard issue Nokia branded MMC card works just fine in my Treo 650. Any files I had stored on that card I transferred over by popping in MMC into the Treo. Remember, MMCs are the same size size and shape as SDs... they're just a wee bit thinner.

Please, please, please don't take this as an insult... but are you sure you were inserting the MMC the correct way? If you're looking at the front of your Treo, you should be able to see the label on your MMC card as you are inserting it. The end of the card with the metal contacts goes in first.

Anyway, I did have a few files on the 3650's internal memory (some of the Nokia default ringtone MIDIs) that I wanted to transfer over. Using Bluetooth never worked, but IR transfer did the trick. By the way, if you need to move over internal files - or are having trouble getting Nokia's system to send the files from the SD card - you might want to give FExplorer a try. Think of it as Filez for the Series 60 platform.

Good luck!