Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    How does that make you feel?
    ROTFLMAO
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I suspect that the privacy issues are why Sprint has opted to now have the phone announce E911 data only to emergency/gov't contacts if you so desire (unlike the 650)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    If the "child" is indeed a child and is living under your roof and a parent is paying the monthly bill, why do you need the child's consent? Lame.
    Cause how does Sprint know that it is a child ?..what if you buy the phone for ya wife, GF, employee, etc. The way the systems I am familiar with work is at random intervals a text message is sent to the phone saying "you are being tracked dude", if the person with the phone does not acknowledge / consent, locator beacon is turned off.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Cause how does Sprint know that it is a child ?..what if you buy the phone for ya wife, GF, employee, etc. The way the systems I am familiar with work is at random intervals a text message is sent to the phone saying "you are being tracked dude", if the person with the phone does not acknowledge / consent, locator beacon is turned off.
    If your paying for it, it's none of Sprint's business. Do they care if I'm monitoring voicemails, phone calls, etc., heck no. This is a service, if they're worried about how it's used, they shouldn't offer it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123