Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The ebay pic of the housing does not seem to have a slot for the sim card....
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Tygerimports seems to have gone quiet... he hasn't been in for nearly a week.

Looks like I'll have to start scanning eBay!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Yep, looks like Tygerimports has gone missing

I checked out the above ebay link, but its only for CDMA phones. But its only the front of my treo is scratched (my decided to for a slide down the pavement a few weeks ago) - so what I was thinking... is that I buy a CDMA housing from the above link and clip the CDMA faceplate on my treo and clip my existing GSM backplate (with sim slot - which isnt scratched) onto the back - Do you think I can mix-and-match the different housings together? anyone has any expirience with this?
    I just replaced the housing on my Treo 650!

Bought a Dummy phone off of Ebay for $35 shipped. I have an unlocked Cingular, bought the Sprint Dummy, had to do a little trimming with the Xacto blade and move parts over, but everything is working perfectly.

Couldn't use the new housing where the sylus and camera are located since the dummy sprint phone didn't quite match up to the cingular housing, but the whole front face and battery cover could be used. Thats where all my scratches were, so all was good.

The dummy battery cover is glued on (no notch), so i had to scrape out a notch for the latch to catch so it wouldn't slip off.

Biggest tip: don't forget to transfer over your square rubber touch screen isolator doo-flicky. It sticks to the inside of the front cover and keeps the touch screen from touching the cover. I forgot that part the first time around! Squeezing the housing would make the icons move around and pull down menus.

Auction was for $26, plus shipping. Not too shabby for a whole new housing.
    I'll take stainless steel case please.
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    Yep, looks like Tygerimports has gone missing

I checked out the above ebay link, but its only for CDMA phones. But its only the front of my treo is scratched (my decided to for a slide down the pavement a few weeks ago) - so what I was thinking... is that I buy a CDMA housing from the above link and clip the CDMA faceplate on my treo and clip my existing GSM backplate (with sim slot - which isnt scratched) onto the back - Do you think I can mix-and-match the different housings together? anyone has any expirience with this?
    If you want you can cut a slot for a SIM card. Just make a template with that blue, 3 day masking tape from 3M. Cutout wher the SIM slot is along with where the battery cover is and the button and any other identifiable boundary.

Remove the tape and place it exactly in the same place on the CDMA housing using your cuts to guide you and you will have the exact postion you need to cur for the slot. I have done this and successfully on the first try... but it took forever to cut.

I started with a fine tipped soldering iron and finished with a sharp X-acto knife.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    this is lame. how about someone out their with a friend in china just tell em to make one please. also with sprint lockline i would rather just "lose" my phone and pay the $35 deductible for a new phone than $60 for a casing i have to install myself. especially if it looks just the same. for a glossy black though i would see it.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    hey tygerimports, any news on the cases??

or should i just go buy it on ebay???
    nonobeez - I made the change exactly how I suggested and I now have a Sprint CDMA faceplate cliped onto a GSM backplate with SIM card slot. The Sprint CDMA faceplate clips to the GSM backplate without a problem. The colours now look a bit two-tone, but the blueish sprint battery cover looks better than the grey GSM cover. I can post some pictures if you want.

Since I have a spare backplate I would like to attempt to cut out a sim card slot, do you have a more detailed guide than the one you posted above? - Im considering drilling through the backplate to make the xacto work a bit easier
    So no one has been able to locate a FULL GSM housing, any where, is that correct?
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Never mind....

http://www.promobility.net/html/palmparts.shtml

Just ordered mine, will post pics and my impression/review later.
    They seem a bit sketchy, I wasn't aware Palm made unbranded housings with the blue chrome. They sent me a high resolution picture of the housing and it looks like the Cingular branded housing with the Cingular logo removed.

Exactly, here are the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    They seem a bit sketchy, I wasn't aware Palm made unbranded housings with the blue chrome. They sent me a high resolution picture of the housing and it looks like the Cingular branded housing with the Cingular logo removed.
    They have those in Asia as a special-edition "Blue" Treo, and some of the Cingular ones don't have the brand as well. My Treo was like that; formerly Cingular and with no logo.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrios
    Exactly, here are the pics.
    OK Here's something to think about. I ordered a full case from promobility as well and got sent the exact same pictures. I thoght they sent me pictures of the actual case they will send me.

It better be in good condition.

BTW, I plan to paint my old case.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti
    OK Here's something to think about. I ordered a full case from promobility as well and got sent the exact same pictures. I thoght they sent me pictures of the actual case they will send me.

It better be in good condition.

BTW, I plan to paint my old case.
    I told Rochelle, the women with whom I spoke to & emailed with, as long as what you send me resembles those pictures, I would accept the housing. No doubt they will get their housing back if it's chewed up.

I will post the actual pic of the housing regardless whether I keep it or not.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    yup, my treo came in cingular blue with no cingular logo, here's a picture of it next to my replacement housing that i just cant bear to put on yet. I have taken someone else's treo apart and its pretty easy.

http://static.flickr.com/71/186955928_0071ae1ca8.jpg
    Does the warranty become VOID if I changed the housing? My phone is under warranty till Feb'07.
    Oh, guys, I need a new housing for my Treo as well! I have an un-branded GSM, and I do not mind if it has cingular, at&t, etc signs on it, it just must be NEW or very fresh condition! Because some big guy put his *** on it while it was laying in a chair. And now it has a little crack on right border of screen! And some scratches too!

2 abarrios,
    Please tell us abt your experience with promobility.net! Do they send good quality bodies (just like an original one)? Is it branded or not? On the pics I do not see PalmOne on the case, only Treo. I would prefer some logo instead of empty space on left side! Do the guts perfectly fit to a new case? Thanks.
    ajayacharya_250
    Yeah! Warranty will be void, because you will remove a warranty seal.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast