Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just checking, is there any way to stream mp3's nowadays for free? I'm not experienced at this stuff, but I can drop a .pls file onto WinAmp and it will stream the station. Is there any free software to open a playlist and stream the station?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe
    HTC Touch Pro
    Oops my fault you said free none that I'm aware of
    HTC Touch Pro
    Not sure if you're asking for a "server" based streaming solution, but look at Slimserver, which IS free and will stream mp3s and Internet radio. Find it at slimdevices.com. I use it and love it.

-TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
  5.    #5  
    With slimserver, what do I run on my Treo 650?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    With slimserver, what do I run on my Treo 650?
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe
    That makes in not free again...
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    That makes in not free again...
    A free option might be TCPMP.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    A free option might be TCPMP.
    but it won't stream mp3's
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    but it won't stream mp3's
    I couldn't remember if it could, that's why I said might. I use Pocket Tunes Deluxe, so I have limited experience with TCPMP. If TCPMP can't do it, then I don't think there is any freeware to listen to streaming mp3s.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I use pTunes Deluxe and gloonet.com, yea pTunes isn't free but gloonet is and it works great. I set it up for the files I wanted to stream, just go to the website on my 650 and log into my account and play whatever I want, it downloads the.pls file and plays it away in pTunes, even reads the id3 tag! Works great, and was only 35 bucks! I looked for a free program to stream, and I don't think there is on out there, if there was I would use it.....
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    My issue with gloonet is that you have to have an account on *their* server. Slimserver runs on my PC, in my house, playing my mp3s. It's secure, and pretty darn simple to set up (the whole program is a bunch of perl scripts). You can play whole CDs, build custom playlists, stream Shoutcast and Live365 radio stations, interface with I-Crack (uh, ITunes)....pretty much anything you want to do, Slimserver will do. Puts almost no load on the PC it's running from (an old Pentium II running Windows 2000 Server, MySQL, CVS, and two Apache/Tomcat servers). Can't recommend it enough.

And PocketTunes is $30, sometimes $25 if PalmGear has it on special.....pretty darn cheap.....

-TR1
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
  13.    #13  
    It would be really cool if TCPMP would do this. . .

I heard that the new 700p would be able to stream MP3 files without any additional software. Can anyone confirm?
    The 700P has pocket tunes installed as default player.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    The 700P has pocket tunes installed as default player.
    I assume that its not the deluxe so you'll still need to buy an upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    I assume that its not the deluxe so you'll still need to buy an upgrade?
    Correct, it's not the deluxe version.
    Quote Originally Posted by justanotheruser
    I heard that the new 700p would be able to stream MP3 files without any additional software. Can anyone confirm?
    Just remembered that I asked this question a while back .
    Now I can confirm for myself (and you all) that yes this does seem to work out of the box.
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by justanotheruser
    Just remembered that I asked this question a while back .
    Now I can confirm for myself (and you all) that yes this does seem to work out of the box.
    Awesome!
    With which application?
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    With which application?
    I can't tell what it's called.
    But it's the same one I see when I watch SprintTV.
    Except it shows a picture of a music note instead of video.
    It comes up when I click on a link to an MP3 on a web site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast