Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I just got a Treo 650 but I can't seem to connect to the internet. I talked to a Verizon rep over the phone, who added a "pay as you go" per kilobyte plan

It always says my username and password have an error and my mobile service provider may not support dial-up connections.

I've restarted my phone, I've did the *228 option 1 and 2, and I don't know any other options. Under network preferences, I can't modify the National Access setup.

What else can I do? I want to do very basic things like check email and receive MMSs.

And is there a way i can go online by taking minutes out of my plan and not charging me? thanks!
    Wow. Did they reprovision the phone? I have mine set up with the same password for everything, makes it easier. Reprovisioning with Sprint is a phone call away and once on the phone with them, and often takes less than five minutes or so. I recently ran into the same situation you described. I use Chatter and wanted to include Sprint in the services I check. I have Fastmail and Yahoo setup and did so with no problem. Sprint though was a trip. I tried to make the changes myself and that turned into a big mess. A phone call was made, the problem discussed and in less than five minutes, it was taken are of. Ben
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    reprovision? i'm calling Verizon tech right now.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    done and done, i'm online now!

only problem is, dang it's so SLOW, can't wait for the EVDO treo 700p to come out on verizon.