Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

    I've done a search for it but I can't find it. I am moving and just in case I need manual network selection, I'd like to be able to have it. I think it depends on the exact ROM version, if I'm not mistaken? I am on Cingular and I have a 64K SIM card (not 3G, though). I have a stack of 3G SIM cards if that helps and I also have a 32K one.

    At any rate, my software version is Treo650-1b.17-CNG.

    It used to just say 1.17-CNG. Anyone know what the "b" is about?

    Thanks so much!
  2.    #3  
    Hah! How cool is that!!! Thank you so much! I just hot-sync'd it and it works flawlessly!

    A couple of questions: This does not in any way affect the operation of my Treo? Also, when I tried to select the network manually, I got "Cingular" twice. I know there is T-Mobile where I am, so how come it doesn't show up as Cingular and T-Mobile?

    Thanks again!
  3. #4  
    Cingular purposely has it show Cingular so that customers don't think they are roaming into T-mobile and thus worry about billing issues. The second one is probably T-mobile (if they have a roaming agreement).
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Cingular purposely has it show Cingular so that customers don't think they are roaming into T-mobile and thus worry about billing issues. The second one is probably T-mobile (if they have a roaming agreement).
    I just tried connecting to the 2nd Cingular network (T-Mobile I assume) and it wouldn't let me.
  5. #6  
    Crunch, You're using the 1.17-CNG version (of the hack download) on your 1b.17-CNG software? Is that correct?
    I ask because I have people asking if that version works on 1b.17 and (it's my site.) I'd like to know for sure that it's working.

    Thanks

    Oh yeah, and the hack shouldn't affect the operation of your Treo at all. It very specifically just unhides the 'select network' option when you access the menu. Otherwise it does nothing.
    Last edited by taylorh; 05/07/2006 at 11:28 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Crunch, You're using the 1.17-CNG version (of the hack download) on your 1b.17-CNG software? Is that correct?
    I ask because I have people asking if that version works on 1b.17 and (it's my site.) I'd like to know for sure that it's working.

    Thanks

    Oh yeah, and the hack shouldn't affect the operation of your Treo at all. It very specifically just unhides the 'select network' option when you access the menu. Otherwise it does nothing.
    Yes, it works beautifully on the 1b.17-CNG to answer your question. You can add that to your site.

    What does the "b" mean if anyone knows?
  7. #8  
    It worked for me as well. Not sure what the "b" is for either.
  8. #9  
    Anyone have problems with Localization Settings?
  9. #10  
    The b is for the small update to the original 1.17 update that updates versafail to 3.1d I believ
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  10.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    The b is for the small update to the original 1.17 update that updates versafail to 3.1d I believ
    That's what I figured as well. Some minor upgrade to 1.17. I used to have 1.17 but I re-programmed it again and apparently got the "b" upgrade. Oh well, Versamail still doesn't work with AOL email.

Posting Permissions