View Poll Results: Will Palm offer Treo owners a special deal on the 700p?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

59 67.05%
  • Yes, I think they'll offer a discounted price

8 9.09%
  • Sorta, they'll probably give us a freebie of some sort

20 22.73%
  • I don't know

1 1.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    My contact at Sprint said they'd be offering extras, I am thinking it's the BT headset.
    Name and number if you wish to opine.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    No rebate or freebie.

I believe the only reason they offered the headset freebie with purchase of the 650 is because we lost all of our accessories when making the change. I think Sprint will have their standard rebates where applicable, but Palm will not
    Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...wrong answer. We got the headset "freebie" (and the subsequent 128mb SD card "freebie") to cover up the flaws of: (1) poor voice/sound volume (ultimately had to add Volumecare despite headset) and (2) lack of memory because of overly large cluster sizes in new memory architecture not allowing people to load the same number/size applications as the T600. Both (much later) partially corrected by ROM updates.

Soooooooo...the real question is: IF the 700p sees light of day, what flaw will generate the next Palm "freebie" campaign?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Wrong answer. We got the headset "freebie" (and the subsequent 128mb SD card "freebie") to cover up the flaws of: (1) poor voice/sound volume (ultimately had to add Volumecare despite headset) and (2) lack of memory because of overly large cluster sizes in new memory architecture not allowing people to load the same number/size applications as the T600. Both (much later) partially corrected by ROM updates.

Soooooooo...the real question is: IF the 700p sees light of day, what flaw will generate the next Palm "freebie" campaign?
    amen.
  4.    #24  
    The free headset was offered on day 1 to existing Palm/Handspring owners. It was not offered because of volume issues. For that matter, I found that the volume sucked on the palmOne/Jabra headset.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    The free headset was offered on day 1 to existing Palm/Handspring owners. It was not offered because of volume issues. For that matter, I found that the volume sucked on the palmOne/Jabra headset.
    So they knew how much the phone sucked when they released it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    So they knew how much the phone sucked when they released it.
    What he said!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You can always use the trade in program

http://store.palm.com/shop/index.jsp...nav_outlet_txt

not much of an incentive for me, but others may use it.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12