1.    #1  
    Im using Tomtom5 (version 5.12) on a Treo650 with verizon phone service. It seems to work fine.

As the 5.21 version is available for the USA, should i upgrade? What's better about it?
    I remember a few months people here have had problems with the 5.2 version and wanted to return to the older version.
    Is the install painless?
    thanks
    r
    Unless you are in Europe, I don't see much advantage. A asked Tomtom what 5.2 benefits were and this was their reply:
    "There are differences as to stability and phone compatibility. Furthermore some map issues related to Europe have been fixed with the newer application. The update also makes sure that more PDA's are compatible inclusing Windows Mobile 5 devices. It will not hurt to install the update in anyway."
    From what I've seen in other posts, the "differences" are not positive for a 650. I haven't upgraded and am waiting for the next full udate to do so.
  3.    #3  
    the supplier that sold me the TomTom5 (semons) suggested i do the upgrade as they claim it provides integration between tomtom and receiving calls.
    They claim the newer version better resumes in tt5 after you finish your call instead of having to start from the beginning on tt5.
    Is this true?
    That is correct. It resumes immediately. However, I never used 5.12. So I can't compare both versions.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    That is correct. It resumes immediately. However, I never used 5.12. So I can't compare both versions.
    In 5.12 you get the I agree screen and have to respond then it resumes the guidance.
    Then it is the same as 5.2.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Hi,

I had 5.12 of TT5 installed and it did not resume after call ended, so I upgraded to 5.2xx and it still does not resume after call ends.

Is there a preference setting that I am missing?

I have the Verizon version of 650 with latest FW, 1.04.

JD

P.S. I assuming that resuming means that TT5 restarts after the call like the Pocket Tunes.
    I had planned to stick at 5.12 if it worked...it didn't. The only way I could get rid of install errors was to upgrade to 5.2x.

As far as calls go, if a call comes in TT restarts by itself...if I call out, I created a favorite button on phone screen which I just tap to restart.
    Note that 5.21 has some memory problems which are not occuring in 5.12. TomTom Tech Support recommended that I 'downgrade' to 5.12 to fix the problem
    Odd....they told me to upgrade to fix the problem (of course by teh time they calle dme back I ahd already done it) ....maybe these guys used to work in Redmond.