Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 124
  1. #81  
    For the now rumored price I don't see a lot of 650 owners upgrading, $679 is CRAZY!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    For the now rumored price I don't see a lot of 650 owners upgrading, $679 is CRAZY!!!

    Is $619 crazy (the Verizon 700W price.)?

    http://web.palm.com/products/communi...egoryId=160002
  3. #83  
    I think it's a crazy price, but will be getting one. My Sprint contact told me it was going to be $399 for 2 year contract and $499 for 1 year, so this price seems crazy to me.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I think it's a crazy price, but will be getting one. My Sprint contact told me it was going to be $399 for 2 year contract and $499 for 1 year, so this price seems crazy to me.
    If you follow my link above -- you see the Verizon 700W listed for $619 w/o contract and "as low as", $399 with new service contract. . . .

    My point is: So the difference between OUTRAGEOUS ($679) and acceptable ($619) is the $60 dollar differential? Or is the $619 unacceptable? There are alot of flames over the $679 supposed listing. I will wait until the price hits the street. I EXPECT the same pricing as the 700W.

    Cheers, Perry.
  5. #85  
    Perry I hear ya, I think it'll have to be the same pricing as the 700w, so I am hoping my contact was right with her prices. She even said that if I signed another 2 year contract I'd get $75 off of the 700p bringing it down to around $325 which sounds sweet to me. I see now the $679 is for no contract, and no contract always has a premium.
    Jimmie Geddes
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    For the now rumored price I don't see a lot of 650 owners upgrading, $679 is CRAZY!!!

    For upgrading from a 650 I don't see alot of people jumping with joy, but I don't exactly see it as crazy especially when the 700w (as already noted) is $619, but also because an unlocked 650 GSM is also $619. If they are not planning on dropping the price of the unlocked 650, then $60 more for a new model isn't exactly insane.
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
  7. #87  
    I see that it's $679 with no contract, that's understandable.
    Jimmie Geddes
  8. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #88  
    Comparing the Palm to the MS in price does not make sense to someone upgrading from a 650. If I don't want the 700W because of the crappy res, why would I care how much it costs? The question for many here is, is it worth $XXX to upgrade from a 600 or 650? I don't care about the damn W!!!
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Comparing the Palm to the MS in price does not make sense to someone upgrading from a 650. If I don't want the 700W because of the crappy res, why would I care how much it costs? The question for many here is, is it worth $XXX to upgrade from a 600 or 650? I don't care about the damn W!!!
    I would suspect that MOST potential buyers are first-time smartphone buyers.
    They go to the store looking for a phone that can do push email, for example. The 700p sells for $679. The w next to it sells for $619. The rep tells them both can do what the buyer needs.

    Poof, another potential PalmOS customer lost.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  10. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I would suspect that MOST potential buyers are first-time smartphone buyers.
    They go to the store looking for a phone that can do push email, for example. The 700p sells for $679. The w next to it sells for $619. The rep tells them both can do what the buyer needs.

    Poof, another potential PalmOS customer lost.
    Good point, but for the purpose of this board, the W price isn't relevant.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Comparing the Palm to the MS in price does not make sense to someone upgrading from a 650. If I don't want the 700W because of the crappy res, why would I care how much it costs? The question for many here is, is it worth $XXX to upgrade from a 600 or 650? I don't care about the damn W!!!
    Hi Postal!

    My point is -- I think the $679 price won't happen for the 700P. Why should it be more than the 700W if it is a sister device on the same hardware? Yes, better screen -- but the 700W has the "supposedly" better OS.

    Cheers, Perry.
  12. #92  
    Perry never say "supposedly" better OS, lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
  13. Postal's Avatar
    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Postal!

    My point is -- I think the $679 price won't happen for the 700P. Why should it be more than the 700W if it is a sister device on the same hardware? Yes, better screen -- but the 700W has the "supposedly" better OS.

    Cheers, Perry.
    So with a two year contract, what's your best guess? Still no word from your friends on price?
  14. #94  
    Same as Verizon 700W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If you follow my link above -- you see the Verizon 700W listed for $619 w/o contract and "as low as", $399 with new service contract. . . .

    My point is: So the difference between OUTRAGEOUS ($679) and acceptable ($619) is the $60 dollar differential? Or is the $619 unacceptable? There are alot of flames over the $679 supposed listing. I will wait until the price hits the street. I EXPECT the same pricing as the 700W.

    Cheers, Perry.
  15.    #95  
    $60 for more memory and resolution sounds about right to me............I highly recommend the insurance.........
  16. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #96  
    Remember, this was a supposed Radio Shack price. The SKU is not in the Radio Shack system (accoridng to my local store) maybe Doom can verify. Even if so, I thought Radio Shack had a higher price than other stores on most phones.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  17. #97  
    Viking, I agree. At the risk of offending the sensitive WM proponents, let's remember that most of the major reviewers have proclaimed the 650 to be a bit better holistically speaking than the 700w. So take that 650 and add Ev-DO, cheaper unlimited Ev-DO than Verizon (you'll recoup your cost difference in a couple months right there), more memory, and a higher megapixel camera, and a $60 premium doesn't sound too outlandish. Not that I'm condoning that. I'd prefer to see the 700p priced at $250.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  18. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Not that I'm condoning that. I'd prefer to see the 700p priced at $250.
    I'd prefer that they were free in a box of Lucky Charms...
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Viking, I agree. At the risk of offending the sensitive WM proponents, let's remember that most of the major reviewers have proclaimed the 650 to be a bit better holistically speaking than the 700w. So take that 650 and add Ev-DO, cheaper unlimited Ev-DO than Verizon (you'll recoup your cost difference in a couple months right there), more memory, and a higher megapixel camera, and a $60 premium doesn't sound too outlandish. Not that I'm condoning that. I'd prefer to see the 700p priced at $250.
    I agree also, I don't know why people are so baffled about the $60 more price tag over the 700w. The 700P offers MORE, therefore costs more.

    Now back to your cheaper EVDO theory with Sprint.............What is Verizon going to charge for the 700P with there expensive EVDO plans?????
  20. #100  
    I think the Treo 700p's price is going to come in at the same price as the 700w.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions