Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Are you prepared?
    Prepared for the inevitable post traumatic letdown that must come with events as over hyped and overanticpated as the purchase of out 700p's.
    Yes, I'm prepared for the $600+ for the improvements on my 650.
    but I KNOW I'll be ultimately feel major let down (sorry!), and will not believe I payed that money for the upgrades I'll be undoubtedly be enjoying.
    However I love this device and couldn't settle for anything but the best out there.
    Sick!
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    I won't have PPD (post 700P depression) because I will not pay $600+ for a minor upgrade.
    Your definition of "minor" is flawed.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Your definition of "minor" is flawed.
    In your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    I won't have PPD (post 700P depression) because I will not pay $600+ for a minor upgrade.
    I don't know why would you pay $600+, if you consider the release a minor one. You always have a choice to buy other competitive products.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I don't know why would you pay $600+, if you consider the release a minor one. You always have a choice to buy other competitive products.
    I'm seriously looking at the 8125.
    The 700P will be a huge huge huge upgrade from my Samsung flip phone. I'm so excited... I just can't hide it....
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    The 700P will be a huge huge huge upgrade from my Samsung flip phone. I'm so excited... I just can't hide it....
    Ditto. And good therapy after smashing my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Ditto. And good therapy after smashing my 650.
    No need to smash it, I may be interested in it if you no longer want it after the 700p comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by audit
    No need to smash it, I may be interested in it if you no longer want it after the 700p comes out.
    Too late -- it happened exactly 1 month ago tomorrow, by alcohol-related mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Too late -- it happened exactly 1 month ago tomorrow, by alcohol-related mistake.
    Drinking and playing with your device at the same time?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal

EVDO is not an minor upgrade if it is available in your area. I will appreciate the memory upgrade but I would have felt elated if Palm had given us 128 of memory. Also some have said that the 700 W sound quality is much better than of the treo 650. Hopefully they also strengthen the bluetooth radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Not many competitive products to choose from Sprint; maybe the Motorola Q if Sprint would carry the phone. I wish Sprint were more aggressive in aquiring new Palm and Pocket PC phones. I really myself do not like the slide out keyboard on the new Pocket PC phones. I would consider the Motorola Q. I believe that Motorola at one time considered buying Palm Source.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    EVDO is not an minor upgrade if it is available in your area. I will appreciate the memory upgrade but I would have felt elated if Palm had given us 128 of memory. Also some have said that the 700 W sound quality is much better than of the treo 650. Hopefully they also strengthen the bluetooth radio.
    Let me rephrase: If the specs are right, it still has pathetic memory, the same resolution, same battery, same size, and no wifi. In my opinion, the upgrade of high speed Internet and a bit more memory is not worth $650.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    Drinking and playing with your device at the same time?
    Worse then you think. The 650 got crushed. Literally. Shouldn't have had it on on my hip. Dang.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockky
    Are you prepared?
    Prepared for the inevitable post traumatic letdown that must come with events as over hyped and overanticpated as the purchase of out 700p's.
    Yes, I'm prepared for the $600+ for the improvements on my 650.
    but I KNOW I'll be ultimately feel major let down (sorry!), and will not believe I payed that money for the upgrades I'll be undoubtedly be enjoying.
    However I love this device and couldn't settle for anything but the best out there.
    Sick!
    Heck, I don't even care if the phone works. I just want to pay a lot for the upgraded features.
    Why do people always feel like palm is trying to persuade people to upgrade from their last model, and b*** that the upgrades are too minor for $600+ ?? How much do cars change each year, and they cost $30,000 + ? Do you think their is a Ford forum somewhere where the members are taking a stand and defiantly not going to purchase the new model this year in an attempt to teach Ford a lesson, for putting out such a minor upgrade when they just spent $30k less than 15 months ago?
    only the american market cares about evdo. its such a worthless upgrade to the rest of the world.
    I predict this treo700p will be a complete flop besides USA , and it will sell worst than the lifedrive.
    dont even think its worth 350 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms
    only the american market cares about evdo. its such a worthless upgrade to the rest of the world.
    I predict this treo700p will be a complete flop besides USA , and it will sell worst than the lifedrive.
    Ya know you're right they shouldn't have even bothered. They should've just kept the 650 on the shelfs and skipped a couple generations like the rest of us. Im sure a new wow product every 5 yrs is much better then an evolving product every 1-2 yrs.

When I bought my printer last week, I noticed the one I wanted had two model #'s available. I was so pissed at the obviously meager improvements that I bought the older one! HAHA!!! Bet they think twice before doing that again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms
    Only the American market cares about CDMA yet all the players keep making phones to be used on it
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast