Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Let me rephrase: If the specs are right, it still has pathetic memory, the same resolution, same battery, same size, and no wifi. In my opinion, the upgrade of high speed Internet and a bit more memory is not worth $650.
    I live in Springfield Illinois - not exactly New York City, but it's not Mayberry either. No hi-speed data and no plan to build it in the next 18 months. As such, the 700P offers me very little.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov
    I live in Springfield Illinois - not exactly New York City, but it's not Mayberry either. No hi-speed data and no plan to build it in the next 18 months. As such, the 700P offers me very little.
    Nonsense! It offers you the same thing it offers me. You just have to move.

[wink]

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov
    well, i'm an nyc person, and even with sprint's great coverage, i really think the length of time it has taken to get this thing out and the crazyness of these boards, I'm already feeling disappointed in the whole thing.

Not to mention the EVDO speed ratings. 300k? can palm os not handle it, or is Palm too lazy/incapable of writing a good evdo stack? somebody please set me straight here.

If Sprint does release a 700w, I really think i would consider it.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Springfield is exactly like Maybury with the addition of a gheto and sleezy politicians.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Didn't Palm write the CDMA stack for garnet? I'm almost positive they did. Palm OS can handle 300k, wifi speeds are much faster than that.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123