1.    #1  
    I need some suggestions on the best sms app.

Tx.
    What's wrong with the built-in messaging app?
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
    I replaced the todo list, calendar, memos... But the SMS works fine here too, not sure why someone would replace it unless they're wanting to get more of an IM feel in it, in which case they should probably use IM.
    Damn, and I'm usually the first to notice that..
  5.    #6  
    Why would I replace the built in app you ask. Only if there is a better product, which is what I was trying to find out. Maybe it is just peachy and I didn't realize it. It's very basic for sure.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rclodfelter
    Why would I replace the built in app you ask. Only if there is a better product, which is what I was trying to find out. Maybe it is just peachy and I didn't realize it. It's very basic for sure.

Thanks!
    Basic compared to what? It sends texts. It recieves texts. It keeps them in threads. What more do you want?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Basic compared to what? It sends texts. It recieves texts. It keeps them in threads. What more do you want?
    Holy cow, I never thought that I would see this in this forum.

I thought TreoCentral was all about not being satisfied with "fine" when you can crave BETTER!

i personally dont like the way the sms messages are automatically turned into threads. unfortunately, i dont think there is a way to turn that of on my 600
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    I remember MaxTEXT and FunSMS from my old 270 days...maybe one of them works on the 650 and would be considered "better"...but I'm with Insertion on this one....it sends and receives messages...works for me.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    i personally dont like the way the sms messages are automatically turned into threads. unfortunately, i dont think there is a way to turn that of on my 600
    I don't have a 600 in front of me, I have a 650 now but on the 650 while in the messaging app you can hit menu, Options, Preferences, click on the Chat tab and under "Create chats from messages" select never.

Does the 600 have a different messaging app?
    I like maxTEXT for the Treo 650 because of the orange LED control, the configurable message popup control, the Addressbook- and the Automatic Memopad-Integration.

Not threaded and not to forget the 10 possible groups A-K for repeating group announcements

http://www.maxtext.info.ms

</ Markus>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MarkusSchneider; 07/12/2006 at 06:43 AM.