1.    #1  
    i just recently purchased a 650 on ebay... used. PRETTY NICE PHONE well newiaz the battery lasted pretty damn long but in about 2 weeks later the battery lasted about only 2 days of barely using it. like 10% would be gone every hour ur so.. and just 3 days ago after charging, the battery was acting normal again, well actually better then normal... now today i charged it again now its sucking up the power like no other once again.. whats the problem?? the battery is suppost to be new... and i dont surf the web or play with the phone too much...HELP!
    any third party software?

GSM or CDMA phone?
  3.    #3  
    cdma and got butler, kb lightsoff, ringo, volumecare, bt mute and like the other basic programs... and some games... but i had all these software before it started acting weird... and etc...
    well, there you go. CDMA w. all your listed programs?!

...thats a ticket to drain city.

*You (can) try to hard reset and reinstall your apps..that might help a bit (clearing your junked files)

fyi. i bought the SEIDIO extended battery, and it works great.
    There used to be a problem with older copies of BTmute that caused more than the normal amount of battery usage. Please make sure you are running version 2.8. It is available many places but here is the GoTreo location: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=12

VolumeCare is very stable and is not a participant in the issue you are having. For the most part, I know of no issues with the other applications you are running either.

If you continue to have this issue after upgrding to BTmute v2.8 drop me a line and I will try to help you all I can even if this is not a GoTreo issue.

Jeff
    support@GoTreoSoftware.com
  6.    #6  
    hehe i have btmute 2.7 that came with the phone! thanks i'll try 2.8!! hope this is it... thanks jeff!! by the way ur programs are the best!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=clean+install

Lots of info here.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by choman
    hehe i have btmute 2.7 that came with the phone! thanks i'll try 2.8!! hope this is it... thanks jeff!! by the way ur programs are the best!
    I appreciate the nice comment. Perry's link should also help get you a handle on the problem. Another thing to check is your signal strength. A low signal area can cause excessive battery drain. Updating your PRL may help.

Otherwise, if the issue was not BTmute, then you should also think about loading a utility called "PalmInternals". It will tell you 2 important things:

1) What applications are setting alarms
    2) What applications are running in the background

Armed with this information, you can track down applications that may be triggering your Treo to wakeup on a frequent time basis. Beyond the phone subsystem, this is the main reason for battery drain.

Jeff
    How does one update their PRL?
  11.    #11  
    thanks u guys wellz the problem was the btmute program.... its uninstalled and battery life has improved beyond what i imagined!!! one question to jeff... does btmute 2.8 get rid of the nasty battery drain problem... like night and day??? or it still kinda there but not as bad as 2.7... thank you u been lots of help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by choman
    thanks u guys wellz the problem was the btmute program.... its uninstalled and battery life has improved beyond what i imagined!!! one question to jeff... does btmute 2.8 get rid of the nasty battery drain problem... like night and day??? or it still kinda there but not as bad as 2.7... thank you u been lots of help!!!
    Yes, the main reason for 2.8 was the battery issue.

Jeff
    ChoMan,

I had a similar problem with my Sprint phone and a few wrong preferences. I found that BTMute needs to operate at its normal function and NOT alternate method. As well there seems to be a minor conflict of sorts with StopDim and ProfileCare. If StopDim is set to stop screen dimming during calls AND you have ProfileCare set to Allow Nested Profile Commands and Allow Calendar Commands checked under configuration->Options, the screen will stay OFF during calls and the battery will drain tremendously fast for some reason. Perhaps Jeff can comment on this.

I find Jeff's software works really great and is very intuitive. Unfortunately, one can own way too much software and conflicts will occur. Jeff is always helpful and hopefully all of us have as well.

Regards,

Jim
    ChoMan,

One other thought I had was the Network Time Feature under the phone preferences. For some reason, in marginal areas, the phone will reset, reset and will really suck the battery. Shutting off the Network Time option will correct this particular issue and may be a contributing factor.

Regards,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    ChoMan,

I had a similar problem with my Sprint phone and a few wrong preferences. I found that BTMute needs to operate at its normal function and NOT alternate method. As well there seems to be a minor conflict of sorts with StopDim and ProfileCare. If StopDim is set to stop screen dimming during calls AND you have ProfileCare set to Allow Nested Profile Commands and Allow Calendar Commands checked under configuration->Options, the screen will stay OFF during calls and the battery will drain tremendously fast for some reason. Perhaps Jeff can comment on this.

I find Jeff's software works really great and is very intuitive. Unfortunately, one can own way too much software and conflicts will occur. Jeff is always helpful and hopefully all of us have as well.

Regards,

Jim
    Thanks for the compliments!

As for the StopDim/ProfileCare issue. I think the conflict is probably not in the ProfileCare rules. The conflict is probably in one of the profile settings in one of your profiles. By tunring off the nesting and calendar rules, you are not allowing an overlapping profile to apply all of its settings. Thus stopping the particular preference from being set that conflict swith StopDim. (If that all makes sense to you. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif). I think the offending preference is automatic screen dimming if I had to take a guess.

Lastly, the issue may be in the release of StopDim you have loaded. Make sure it is version 1.23. There were a few known problems in previous versions of StopDim like the ones you are seeing.

Feel free to write to me directly at: support@GoTreoSoftware.com if you want to work on this issue together.

Jeff
  16.    #16  
    umm after having bt mute 2.8 for around 2-3 days the battery drain is back.... ARGH~!!! jeff?? help?? anyone help?? time to make v2.9?? hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Thank you Perry