1.    #1  
    A few old mentions of Datavis' Docs to Go has native PDF viewing. I get all my faxes emailed to me in PDF and would love to be able to open it in Chatter.

Anyone have a suggestion?

-WC-
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I have tested three programs Docs-To-Go version 8, New Picsel proviewer for Treo 650, and PalmPDF. All work to some degree that is they do not render all PDF formats. The best in my option is the free one PalmPDF in that it will render PDF generated by my work system. ChatterMail work well with all of them.
  3.    #3  
    I installed palmPDF, and given the reviews I was hopeful it would work for me. Chatter tries to load the pdf, infact the status of the attachment is 'loaded', but I have found no way to open it for viewing.

If the PDF was not compatible, it would atleast error out or something, right? It wouldn't just sit in loaded status?

Thanks!
    -WC-
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Ok you said it is loaded just open up message again and click on the attachment link and a popup will appear. Select the "Open" option. For me another popup ask me to select application to view the PDF. I have three, but you have one, so you may not get this popup. If you do, you will want to select PalmPDF. This brings me to PalmPDF screen to select the PDF I want to view click on it and the document is displayed.

The other option is (after you load the attachment) to launch PalmPDF then find directory /Chatter/Attachments and click on the attachment you just loaded. This works because CE writes native files to the attachment directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard
    A few old mentions of Datavis' Docs to Go has native PDF viewing. I get all my faxes emailed to me in PDF and would love to be able to open it in Chatter.

Anyone have a suggestion?

-WC-
    Out of curiousity, what program do you use for getting faxes via pdf? I use rapidfax.com and I get them sent as an image which is cool, but pdf would probably retain the image better, who knows.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I get my faxes emailed to me in PDF using FaxTalk Messenger Pro. They open well in DTG8.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    I get my faxes emailed to me in PDF using FaxTalk Messenger Pro. They open well in DTG8.
    Thanks. I thought it was web-based, but it's a good concept nonetheless.