Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I was wondering if anyone has seen Surur?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    SSSSuuuuuuuuurrrrrrreeeeeeee....

It is a LOT of pressure being the Messiah of TreoVille. The evening of June 8th Perry will ascend with his virgin wife to a manger (Sprint store) where the Treo 700P wil be born. The North star will be replaced my a Sprint logo and a flashing LED. The three wise men will be replaced by the three wise guys...Munk, Doom and dstrauss who will come bearing Best Buy gift cards. Yada, yada, yada...
    gharrod, I like this. It's poetic and metaphorical. I believe it could get TC started in a whole new direction of artistic rendering of Treo trevails.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I was wondering if anyone has seen Surur?
    He's locked up in my basement.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    More rumors? Fantastic!! Put it over there with the rest of em.
    I had that feeling Postal
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    More rumors? Fantastic!! Put it over there with the rest of em.
    That chick freaks me out.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    That chick freaks me out.
    She just wants to look at you.
    She just wants to look at you.
    Before she got contacts everyone called her 8 eyes.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Before she got contacts everyone called her 8 eyes.
    My, whatever do you mean sir?
    My, whatever do you mean sir?
    Enough double-talk. (We are talking about the avatar, right?)
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Enough double-talk. (We are talking about the avatar, right?)
    I'm dizzy. Make it stop, make it stop!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Ok, I did a quick search and couldn't find it; forgive me if this is already posted somewhere else.

Some of the other Treo boards are barking because some guy told HoFo that he is a radio shack employee and the 700p showed up in his computer for sale (Sku is 17-2689) and that the price was set at $679.99 retail and $529.99 for upgrade price, blah blah.

At $529.99 for upgrade price...if I were to be a first adopter I would probably have to borrow some money from Perry to talk myself into buying it.

At least we have a (non-confirmed) RS sku number now to work with.

Also, gharrod said his "source" had nothing to do with sprint or palm but was reliable. Tell me he isn't stroking some RS manager chick and getting his "scoop". Hehe...just kidding gharrod...you know we love you. Well, at least those of us who understand you.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Ok, I did a quick search and couldn't find it; forgive me if this is already posted somewhere else.

Some of the other Treo boards are barking because some guy told HoFo that he is a radio shack employee and the 700p showed up in his computer for sale (Sku is 17-2689) and that the price was set at $679.99 retail and $529.99 for upgrade price, blah blah.

At $529.99 for upgrade price...if I were to be a first adopter I would probably have to borrow some money from Perry to talk myself into buying it.

Also, gharrod said his "source" had nothing to do with sprint or palm but was reliable. Tell me he isn't stroking some RS manager chick and getting his "scoop". Hehe...just kidding gharrod...you know we love you. Well, at least those of us who understand you.
    Don't we have a radio shack employee here at TC? I am sure he could check his system and give us some indication.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"

If it's OVER $400 for a new line of service and 2 year contract, I will have 2nd thoughts, however, since I have already opened the new line and my daughter is expecting my 650 as her birthday present -- I might be locked into going a little higher. . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=244

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=84

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/08/2006 at 11:42 AM.
    Perry, we'll both be paying whatever Sprint decides to charge at this point.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If it's OVER $400 for a new line of service and 2 year contract, I will have 2nd thoughts, however, since I have already opened the new line and my daughter is expecting my 650 as her birthday present -- I might be locked into going a little higher. . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=244

Cheers, Perry.
    Agreed...if Palm/Sprint muck this up by trying to charge too much they'll regret it. They have a loyal following and I think they'll get a lions share to upgrade if they stick to the usual $399.99 for new line/2 year commit. Then maybe $529.99 for new line 1 year commit. MAYBE. If it is for real and will be released...I hope they don't blow it by greed.

Anybody remember the launch price of the 700w with VZW? I thought that was the usual $399.99 new line 2 year wasn't it?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Wow, never thought I would quote myself. But this is really more of an edit but thought it might get missed being that we are like 8 posts past this.

Everyone always wants a link so here ya go:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=906702
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Wow, never thought I would quote myself. But this is really more of an edit but thought it might get missed being that we are like 8 posts past this.

Everyone always wants a link so here ya go:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=906702
    am I mistaken or does Doom work at rat shack
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Well, let's put it this way -- if the 2yr contract new service price for a Sprint Treo 700P is not the same as what is being offered on the Verizon 700W ($399 currently) -- I will keep going up the chain of Customer Care command until I get to the $399 or Customer Retention.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Well, let's put it this way -- if the 2yr contract new service price for a Sprint Treo 700P is not the same as what is being offered on the Verizon 700W ($399 currently) -- I will keep going up the chain of Customer Care command until I get to the $399 or Customer Retention.

Cheers, Perry.
    oooo customer retention... that sounds sexy