Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    First - very honored to be in your avatar hall of fame (or is it hall of shame ).

I think we (around here) made the number "6". The original quotes from Colligan were that Verizon had an exclusive "until mid-year" and we (me) translated that to 6 months. Perry's got this written down somewhere I think, and that's why he's always had faith in the June 5 release, which would be "mid-year."
    Okay...I personally think he's off by a day. Afterall...let's use the Revelations theory...and the release of the 700p is the "end of days..."

If the 700p is released on the 6th, it would be 666...(being 2006, 6th day, 6th month). The think a prophesy is being fulfilled...
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Okay...I personally think he's off by a day. Afterall...let's use the Revelations theory...and the release of the 700p is the "end of days..."

If the 700p is released on the 6th, it would be 666...(being 2006, 6th day, 6th month). The think a prophesy is being fulfilled...
    7 beers by noon? You are a superhero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar

OMG - time to cash in the insurance and bonds, empty the checking account, and have 35 days of bliss before the end (let's see, at 7 beers before noon, how soon can we dispose of Coors entire U.S. supply...)

Perry only "claimed" a week of June 5 release. June 6 is a Tuesday, not a bad release day. Only two weeks after The Da Vinci Code hits the theaters. Wait, what's that off in the distance...men riding giant horses...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    $649 is a bit steep to upgrade from my 6 month old 650. I realize the 700p will have Evdo which means I won't miss calls while on net/email, but I don't see any other advantages yet...
    ....but it's not too much for a replacement for my 13-month old 650, that's always out of memory....
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    649???? That's CRAZY!
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    I would bet money that they wouldn't ask $649.99 for the 700p. That's just way too much. Remember, they wanna drive sales up, not down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    I would bet money that they wouldn't ask $649.99 for the 700p. That's just way too much. Remember, they wanna drive sales up, not down.
    We'll pay it. We'll HAPPILY pay it, and then ask for more.

And they know it.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    How much was the Treo 700W when it first came out?????
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m
    How much was the Treo 700W when it first came out?????
    When it was in stock? $649.99 unactivated. When it was out of stock? A dollar.
    It'll be fun.
    I can't beleave there is nothing on the release of the 700w
    I can't take this guess work all the time, someone must have some hard facts of what is going on with sprint phones,
    I was told that all the nextel phone were going to come out with 2 bands Sprint pcs for phone service and Nextel for push to talk?
    will the treo be the same ?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    649???? That's CRAZY!
    That's more than I paid for my son's laptop.
    Don't you love your son?
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Don't you love your son?
    Seriously. That's funny.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrfresh
    Seriously. That's funny.
    That was good! First funny post you've had!
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrfresh
    Seriously. That's funny.
    Agreed.
  16.    #56  
    Ok so the email is one that only the store managers got and what I said in the beginning was off a little it going to come out on the 28th and it will retail for 679.99. I was going to try and get the actual email but my manager said he couldnt give it to me because sprint hadnt released the information in it yet.
  17.    #57  
    And also When we had out sprint banquet I asked the palm rep that was there when the 700w was coming out and she said a month or two after the p but I dont know if she knew what she was talking about. but we are for sure getting it.
    I don't see what all this speculation about the release date is all about. No "secret" or anonymous sources are needed - all you have to do is call *2 on your Sprint phone and talk to the new phone sales people and they will tell you that they have a new treo 700p coming out at the end of May. Sprint has told me this for the last two months and I'm not anyone special, just a long-time Sprint business account holder. As for pricing, I did not ask them that, however, I'm sure they would tell you if you asked nicely.

I respect Perry and his wanting to sound important because he has anonymous sources w/in Sprint - but you can all have your own source and it's a phone call away to a Sprint representative at *2. End your personal speculation about internal emails or secret sources that no one seems to want to reveal and get the information first hand and you all can finally sleep well tonight and not worry anymore about the treo 700p.
    Well, there you go. I guess we can lock the thread and all go home now.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    So simple its jeanyas!!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast