Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nismoxg35
    I'll try to get a copy of the email and post what it says tomorrow.

Does this mean he's never coming back? haha

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    very likely :P

[edit]

ps, i finally got a sig
    Quote Originally Posted by nismoxg35
    ok so im typing fast sorry if i knew this was an english class thread i would have been more careful
    Please don't take it personal. I'll have fun at anyone else's expense, including my own.
    And even though I was funnin' you, I also said I believed you.

Thank you for sharing. Hope to see your proof soon.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Okay...first and foremost...if ANY of my words are misspelled please realize that I have at least 7 beers in me at the moment so don't be too difficult on me...

BUT...my understanding all along was that Verizon would have a 6 month exclusive agreement on the 700w. We've read wiffs elsewhere in the forums that the 700w is coming to Sprint in July...that's, what, 6 full months of exclusivity?

Okay...now back to the beers.

Cheers...

Oh, crap, someone else says that....

HICCUP.
    $649 is a bit steep to upgrade from my 6 month old 650. I realize the 700p will have Evdo which means I won't miss calls while on net/email, but I don't see any other advantages yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    $649 is a bit steep to upgrade from my 6 month old 650. I realize the 700p will have Evdo which means I won't miss calls while on net/email, but I don't see any other advantages yet...

Since I don't even have a treo It's a sweet deal for me
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    What about the fact that your peers will look at you with envy? The neighbors will turn their heads and say there goes that guy with the Treo 700p. Children will color drawings depicting you on your phone...

Grown men will weep when you shine your 700p in their presence. Women will find you more attractive. Your teeth will immediately look whiter and healthier.

What about the fact that sonnets will be written about your travels with the 700p?

How about the fact that religions will form (just ask Perry) based solely on the technology that is the 700p? Don't you feel that calling? You could be one of the original disciples!

Also - the sun will definitely shine brighter and more frequently upon you when you purchase the shell known as the 700p.

Flowers will bloom brighter...bigger.

Any martial or personal discord will be instantly healed. Long lost, disgustingly rich, relatives will immediately add you to their will.

As we've discussed elsewhere...Revelations also mentions the 700p's appearance in the end times...isn't it important for you to save your soul by such a meager purchase? Isn't your soul worth the minor expense?

My god, Man...the advantages to owning a 700p are indescribable!!!

(damn this is good beer)
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Ok...what I am about to say is going to drive gharrod nuts...but hey...it's info so I thought I would put it up here. Walking through the local circuit city I see the in-store Verizon booth and start looking at the 700w. The (yes, kiosk guy I guess) asks to help I said I just wish this thing were a palm edition. He said hold off about a month...we're getting them very soon. I just went to training on it Tuesday.

Now, gharrod will take this as another acne prone guy knowing more than corporate execs but if this guy *really* did go to training for the palm 700 on Tuesday then I'm thinking at least Verizon is getting ready to release this thing soon. Notice I did not say p...or anything else...just Palm 700 that's the only way he would refer to it. Flame away if you will...I don't take it as gospel...just more fuel to the fire. Enjoy.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    What about the fact that your peers will look at you with envy? The neighbors will turn their heads and say there goes that guy with the Treo 700p. Children will color drawings depicting you on your phone...

Grown men will weep when you shine your 700p in their presence. Women will find you more attractive. Your teeth will immediately look whiter and healthier.

What about the fact that sonnets will be written about your travels with the 700p?

How about the fact that religions will form (just ask Perry) based solely on the technology that is the 700p? Don't you feel that calling? You could be one of the original disciples!

Also - the sun will definitely shine brighter and more frequently upon you when you purchase the shell known as the 700p.

Flowers will bloom brighter...bigger.

Any martial or personal discord will be instantly healed. Long lost, disgustingly rich, relatives will immediately add you to their will.

As we've discussed elsewhere...Revelations also mentions the 700p's appearance in the end times...isn't it important for you to save your soul by such a meager purchase? Isn't your soul worth the minor expense?

My god, Man...the advantages to owning a 700p are indescribable!!!

(damn this is good beer)

I will pray for you...
    I talked with a Sprint salesperson today, who told me that Sprint had decided to not release a 700W. Nismoxg, Can you confirm that?
    there will be two
    I love the way Apple rumors are going where stores getting boxes with warning on them says Do not open these boxes before 05/09/06. Now that is cool. Any chance Palm will do that with Treo700P?? Ummm Hell no :P
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    $649! Perry, are your sources wrong?
    My main sources have never quoted a price.

I believe you are refering to a recent PM I have received from a Sprint store emp that said they got an email stating $679.

We will see when Sprint goes public.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21
    Ok...what I am about to say is going to drive gharrod nuts...but hey...it's info so I thought I would put it up here. Walking through the local circuit city I see the in-store Verizon booth and start looking at the 700w. The (yes, kiosk guy I guess) asks to help I said I just wish this thing were a palm edition. He said hold off about a month...we're getting them very soon. I just went to training on it Tuesday.

Now, gharrod will take this as another acne prone guy knowing more than corporate execs but if this guy *really* did go to training for the palm 700 on Tuesday then I'm thinking at least Verizon is getting ready to release this thing soon. Notice I did not say p...or anything else...just Palm 700 that's the only way he would refer to it. Flame away if you will...I don't take it as gospel...just more fuel to the fire. Enjoy.
    Note: The 700W is a Palm700 isn't it? Not a flame but without him confirming it has the Palm OS what good is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    I love the way Apple rumors are going where stores getting boxes with warning on them says Do not open these boxes before 05/09/06. Now that is cool. Any chance Palm will do that with Treo700P?? Ummm Hell no :P
    Is this the possible new video iPod with the full front of the iPod being screen and the wheel being virtual? That is in the works and I am waiting on it to appear.
    Come June 10th the sun will still rise in the East and set in the West no matter if there is a new Treo A B C D P or Z. Avatar will have plenty of Best Buy GC's no matter what (unless Perry scams them for himself...lol).

I find it interesting in this thread which was started with a supposed "bulletproof" statement by a Sprint employee has not challenged him as to whether his statement is true and has been followed with information different from other Sprint sources. Be careful young Lemmings there may be danger ahead.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Come June 10th the sun will still rise in the East and set in the West no matter if there is a new Treo A B C D P or Z. Avatar will have plenty of Best Buy GC's no matter what (unless Perry scams them for himself...lol).

I find it interesting in this thread which was started with a supposed "bulletproof" statement by a Sprint employee has not challenged him as to whether his statement is true and has been followed with information different from other Sprint sources. Be careful young Lemmings there may be danger ahead.
    I think that's simply a symptom of "Rumor Fatigue"...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod

...that whenever someone wants to imply a willingness to follow, they must impinge upon the noble Lemming? This creature is one of the most perfect examples of nature's design, and the fact that Walt Disney let a documentary crew throw some off a cliff back in 50's, thus perpetrating that FALSE legend of a suicidal mammal for all time makes me angry! Rot in hell, Walt. Rot in hell.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    ...my understanding all along was that Verizon would have a 6 month exclusive agreement on the 700w. We've read wiffs elsewhere in the forums that the 700w is coming to Sprint in July...that's, what, 6 full months of exclusivity?

Okay...now back to the beers.

Cheers...

Oh, crap, someone else says that....

HICCUP.
    First - very honored to be in your avatar hall of fame (or is it hall of shame ).

I think we (around here) made the number "6". The original quotes from Colligan were that Verizon had an exclusive "until mid-year" and we (me) translated that to 6 months. Perry's got this written down somewhere I think, and that's why he's always had faith in the June 5 release, which would be "mid-year."
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast