1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I just updated my unlocked GSM Treo 650 to the new 1.20 firmware. Now that's it done, I have very little space left on my device (surprise!). I did notice a few files that I was hoping i could delete:

NewImage.p (619K)
    NewImage1.p (502K)
    NewImage2.p (502K)

Are these necessary? If so, what are they for?

Also, any other tips/advice on freeing up some precious space on this device? I don't really use many of the default apps. I do have SnapperMail, which is taking up 3681K.

Thanks in advance!
  2.    #2  
    So, nobody has any idea what these files are or if they are required/necessary? I can't even run the web browser due to lack of memory. The only program i have that should be taking up a significant amount of space is SnapperMail.

Thanks.
    I just updated my 1.17 Cingular 650 to the 1.20ena unlocked firmware. I don't see the files you mention anywhere (using Filez). That probably suggests that they are leftover from the install and unneeded.
  4.    #4  
    Well, I decided to delete the three NewImage* files, which frees up a precious meg-and-a-half of space on my Treo 650. I decided to restart the phone just to make sure there weren't any obvious problems. So far so good.

I'd like to add that this was pretty frustrating, mainly because this post appears to be the only thing on the net regarding this subject. I have a hard time believing I'm the only one with these files lying around. A regular user can find them by pressing the "Home" button, then pressing Menu->Delete (or Info).

Anyway, thanks for your input blocktek.