1.    #1  
    Has anyone experienced problems running PDANet 3.2??? It will connect me and then hang up on me after 5-6 seconds. This thing is barely usable.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
  2.    #2  
    I just encountered one specific problem. When I tether with it, it will not hang up on me when I just perform "smaller tasks". But as soon as I open a few browsers simultaneously, it hangs up. Does that mean if it's "too much at the same time", it somehow can't handle it? Hmmmm...
    I find that it wants to do one window at a time with no complaints. An extra window and it starts whining. Ben
    I had this problem when running Zone Alarm 6 security suite.
  5.    #5  
    Is there another app besides PDANet that lets you tether? PDANet doesn't appear to be all that reliable.
    PDAnet is LONG overdue in updating the application. The tech support also stinks.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  7.    #7  
    How many of you have experienced the shutdown when opening "too many" browsers???
    yes, so I limit it to two at the most. Ben
    I run ZoneAlarm without a problem. Ben
    I'm on Sprint with 4 windows open +, MSN, AIM, Yahoo IM and ARES with no problem. I have even noticed that pictures loaded on webpages are no longer compressed.
    Don't be a dummy, buckle your safety belt.
    I have been using it sporadically for over a year, just recently I noticed that it is dropping connections every 2-3 minutes whenever I have more than one window open (tabbed browisng) in either firefox or IE7
    Treoing & Loving it
  12.    #12  
    When I tried to install the latest version, a window popped up and it said "PDANet error: usbman.exe is not found." What the heck does that mean???
    This program is in need of an upgrade. It has been over a year since the last release. Customer support is weak. I have reported a few problems and got no help on fixing them. I wish there were an alternative.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    USBMan.exe is a file that is located within the PDANet folder. Is it in your folder? If not, send a PM and I will send it to you. Ben
  15.    #15  
    Well, apart from PDANet, is there any other way to tether with the Treo 650? That's all it does, right?
  16. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Hello, If using bluetooth PDANet, try using cable instead. Also, try in area of better coverage. Finally, you could avoid PDANet and just use the built-in bluetooth DUN...I have had bad luck with this when I had low signal.

I think PDANet support just stopped when Sprint enabled the Bluetooth DUN feature. Too bad, I was fond of that program ever since my T300.

Perhaps Sprint is realizing this tethering and blocking it???

All in all, I have had sporatic results when tethering T650 with either PDANet or bluetooth DUN.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jes
    Hello, If using bluetooth PDANet, try using cable instead. Also, try in area of better coverage. Finally, you could avoid PDANet and just use the built-in bluetooth DUN...I have had bad luck with this when I had low signal.

I think PDANet support just stopped when Sprint enabled the Bluetooth DUN feature. Too bad, I was fond of that program ever since my T300.

Perhaps Sprint is realizing this tethering and blocking it???

All in all, I have had sporatic results when tethering T650 with either PDANet or bluetooth DUN.
    Hey Jes,

Thanks for the reply. I have only ever tried it with a cable. How would I set up Bluetooth DUN, by the way? I am on Cingular. Do you have PDANet now and is it running well for you?

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I've never had any problems using the cable. BT does disconnect me. Used the PDANet and the sync cable recently on a road trip and didn't get any disconnects. YMMV.
  19.    #19  
    Guess what? I found a little file on the internet. Some kind of patch and now PDAConnect works flawlessly. Hmm...Anyone know about this? It also does not ask me to pay for it anymore. lol...What is it with that? A crack of some kind?