Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Updates? Updates? I'm deciding on whether to get XM radio or go this route...

Alpine 9856 (Already have)
    Alpine BT100 ($200)
    Treo700P (Already Have)
    Sprint Power Vision Unlimited (Already have...$15.00/month)
    SAG ($39....trial version installed)
    PT ver 4.0 ($39....trial version installed....works great!)
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Just an FYI. A newer SAG 1.08 build is available...posted 12/29/06.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Hello,

Just an update. I obtained an Alpine KCA-100BT from E-bay...and can conclude that it works. Installation was a snap, but afterwards I decided to cut and splice all the cables and a wire to length.

180 kbps seems to work best on the Treo 700P with SAG 1.08. Higher rates slows down the pda, and at times causes it to lockup. Anyhow 180 kbps seems to be more than adequate since what is being streamed from the internet is only at 28 kbps.

by the way, the KCA-100BT...looks and feels cheap. I think $199 (retail) is outrageous a price for it. Especially, when you can get BT adapters for under $50. I paid half of the retail, and I'm hoping it's not a chinese copy!
    Last edited by 2smart4phone; 01/11/2007 at 11:11 AM.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone View Post
    Hello,

Just an update. I obtained an Alpine KCA-100BT from E-bay...and can conclude that it works. Installation was a snap, but afterwards I decided to cut and splice all the cables and a wire to length.

180 kbps seems to work best on the Treo 700P with SAG 1.08. Higher rates slows down the pda, and at times causes it to lockup. Anyhow 180 kbps seems to be more than adequate since what is being streamed from the internet is only at 28 kbps.

by the way, the KCA-100BT...looks and feels cheap. I think $199 (retail) is outrageous a price for it. Especially, when you can get BT adapters for under $50. I paid half of the retail, and I'm hoping it's not a chinese copy!
    Thanks for the update, Im thinking Im going to go the Schose route. My problem is that my car doesnt have the ability to add an aux in adapter. Im going to have to pay someone to hack into my cd changers wires to add one home made or do it myself. Im thinking of paying someone.

Again thanks for the update.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Thanks for the update, Im thinking Im going to go the Schose route. My problem is that my car doesnt have the ability to add an aux in adapter. Im going to have to pay someone to hack into my cd changers wires to add one home made or do it myself. Im thinking of paying someone.

Again thanks for the update.
    I was thinking this route as well. Do you know anyone who has this setup?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12