Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a windows based program that will let you emulate i.e. for windows mobile 5? I am trying to have my web designer make our webpages mobile capable and they want me to get them a treo just to develop web pages. Any help would be appreciated.
    If you're just trying to make it good size-wise, make a new page and add in a 320x320 iframe, then load your page into that. If you mean code-wise, I think there's a few WAP emulators out there. Finding one that is 320x320 and wap-capable, though may be more difficult.

Pulsar
    Seriously, if you are coding just use ems and percents instead of pixels (that will get past a lot fo things). In terms of images, the fewer the better. If you can push everything via your respecitve style sheets then you can hang on making the skeleton of the site and then use css and javascript to push users to using the respective stylesheet.

One of the issues that you will have in making a mobile site is that mobile browsers are notorious for not being standards holding, and outside of opera mini and IE on WM5, most do not treat @media=handheld well either.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    <snip>One of the issues that you will have in making a mobile site is that mobile browsers are notorious for not being standards holding, and outside of opera mini and IE on WM5, most do not treat @media=handheld well either.
    Cool, thanks for that information, I didn't know that!
    - Jeeman