1.    #1  
    Hi all, just wanted to get some opinions here. I have Cingular Treo 650 with the Internet connection via built in Blazer browser. I believe I have GPRS connection, which is painfully slow. For example, I was on my way somewhere during the NFL draft day, wanted to get the latest data but I had wait forever, specially the pictures.

If there was a way to do acceleration on Palm, just by adding an application on your palm, would you be interested? Would you pay monthly fee to get it? What do you think?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    eben: If you can live without pictures, go into Preferences in Blazer and check "Don't Display Images"; this will help. Also you might try another browser like Xino or WebViewer, but IMO this doesn't make much of a difference. Also, try deleting your web cookies. FYI connection speeds tend to be slower with GSM service (Cingular, T-Mobile) than CDMA (Sprint, Verizon). The 700w and (sigh - if it ever comes) 700p with EVDO have faster speeds
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Also, if you want to check your speed go to www.dslreports.com/mspeed . I have a Sprint T600 and usually get 70-100 Kbits/sec. I believe the GSM phones get 30 - 50. If you are consistently getting less, you may have bad radio. For more info, I suggest you do a search - there have been a lot of threads on this - good luck.
    I'm on Cingular and I get anywhere from 30 to 150k. Depends on where you are, network load, etc.

Most occasions it around 80k when I test.

Do a speed test and report back your results.

Steve
  5.    #5  
    Hello all. What I was thinking of was internet accelerators like those available on the PC and Mac. I know I would have to pay like $5 per month for the services but it may not be too bad. Just wondering if people would be interested in something like that. I would be.
    this sucks. I'm only getting about 6 on the 5k test. The 100k test shows between 16-29 I want my sprint phone back