Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    San Jose Mercury News

Don't shoot the messenger, please.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    So the analysts are finally catching up?
    there's going to be a 700p??
    Jimmie Geddes
    no that journalist is reading these threads...laughing...don't they get fired for not crediting us???
    lol, it's true. If you want the latest treo news visit these forums.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    lol, it's true. If you want the latest treo news visit these forums.
    Um, news?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    no that journalist is reading these threads...laughing...don't they get fired for not crediting us???
    They ought to get fired for reading these threads

Whatever happened to real journalism?
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000

They are web surfers like the rest of TC users.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    They are web surfers like the rest of TC users.
    ...I'm a lazy *******.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Do you guys LIKE being mined (why didn't they say "skimmed" or "shilled")"

``There are probably 15 to 20 million people with Palm OS experience,'' said Gartner analyst Todd Kort. ``It is important to continue to mine that installed base.''

More consumers are expected to buy mobile e-mail devices in the next few years, growing to 100 million people worldwide by 2009, according to Gartner.

And more and more phone makers want a piece of that. Nokia's E61, which is out in Europe, and Motorola's Q, to roll out soon, are ``BlackBerry clones,'' Strother said. Nokia and Motorola may be able to produce more phones faster and more cheaply than Palm, he said.

``Those guys can produce millions in a month,'' he said. ``It's not to say that RIM is dead, or Palm, but the competition just becomes that much more fierce.''
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Yeah... I don't mind being 'mined' as long as the new offering is substantial better than previous device. Hey... I am a gadgets junkies..
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    A good "mining" is sometimes all that keeps me going!
    www.dualactioncleanse.com
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    So the analysts are finally catching up?
    Where do I sign up to be an analyst?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...I'm a lazy *******.
    Honesty really hurts doesn't it DoomDude.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Where do I sign up to be an analyst?
    Face it we are the analysts. We are the disectors. We are NOT the deciders.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Do you guys LIKE being mined (why didn't they say "skimmed" or "shilled")"

``There are probably 15 to 20 million people with Palm OS experience,'' said Gartner analyst Todd Kort. ``It is important to continue to mine that installed base.''

More consumers are expected to buy mobile e-mail devices in the next few years, growing to 100 million people worldwide by 2009, according to Gartner.

And more and more phone makers want a piece of that. Nokia's E61, which is out in Europe, and Motorola's Q, to roll out soon, are ``BlackBerry clones,'' Strother said. Nokia and Motorola may be able to produce more phones faster and more cheaply than Palm, he said.

``Those guys can produce millions in a month,'' he said. ``It's not to say that RIM is dead, or Palm, but the competition just becomes that much more fierce.''
    That is one of the worst Gartner report pieces ever. Try doubling that number to 200 million units by 2009. I see teens with PPC6700's and Treos now. When that market takes off there is no stopping it. They are right that whoever can make them faster will win the market no matter what the featureset is. If it is solid, easy to use and can fill the shelves it will be the next iPod.
    I think they are claiming the POS market is confined to a certain group of people, who have already brought Palm products in the past. Most of the market is for upgrade devices (e.g. from T5 to a Treo). This is something Palm is struggling with, and trying to break out from. If you look at Palm total sales, they consistently hover around a million/quarter. The mix of devices change, but its the same people who keep on buying them.

Surur
    what is a 700p?
    the device which does not exist, that may change in June of 2006 or March 2007...stay tuned...same bat station, same bat time...
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000

Today...the two words analyst and journalism are oxymorons.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast