Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal
    Good point, but who uses it without adding anything? Especially when your putting your reputation on the line as a reviewer.
    True, though I wonder what percentage of Treo users are not even aware that apps can be added to it. An associate of mine, for instance, got his Verizon 650 as soon as they released it, and still has not added a single thing. Drives me freakin' nuts, because people like that have no idea of the potential of this phone.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but my "stock" 650 had voice and sound quality issues right out of the box UNTIL I added volumecare to it. And I'm with jaharr, why buy such an expensive complicated device if you don't have use for the additional features it brings to the table?

However, remember, in 50% of American homes, the VCR is still blinking "12:00".
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    However, remember, in 50% of American homes, the VCR is still blinking "12:00".
    What's a VCR?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    What's a VCR?
    It's like a Betamax.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    What's a VCR?
    D@#^ dvr crowd. I'll bet you think that's a hand crank powered cell phone in my avatar too...
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    D@#^ dvr crowd. I'll bet you think that's a hand crank powered cell phone in my avatar too...
    DVR? Is that like a reel to reel?
    I think the problems with the 650 on release day are being overstated by some, and some of the issues are linked to one's personal situation. For instance, while everyone seemed to be upset about the memory situation, it was not a crisis for all of us.

So to suggest that Walt could not possibly have been sincerely pleased with the 650 on release day seems like a stretch.

If they never released any of those patches, I'd be upset with Palm but I'd probably still consider the 650 as the best of what's currently available for my needs.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I think the problems with the 650 on release day are being overstated by some, and some of the issues are linked to one's personal situation. For instance, while everyone seemed to be upset about the memory situation, it was not a crisis for all of us.

So to suggest that Walt could not possibly have been sincerely pleased with the 650 on release day seems like a stretch.

If they never released any of those patches, I'd be upset with Palm but I'd probably still consider the 650 as the best of what's currently available for my needs.
    I enjoy Walt's column, but he is a shill.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000
    They ought to get fired for reading these threads

Whatever happened to real journalism?
    They are in their hotels in Bagdad reporting what they see from the balcony.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michael1
    They are in their hotels in Bagdad reporting what they see from the balcony.
    No, he said real journalism
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    DVR? Is that like a reel to reel?
    No. more like this:

http://www.jhalpin.com/metuchen/tae/pics/edison6.jpg
    I enjoy Walt's column, but he is a shill.
    I don't know if really is a shill as much as he's an anti-M$oft kind of guy, which ain't all bad (considering there are plenty of M$oft apologists in this world). It just seems to color his judgement at times. Still, he is the king "journalist" of the techno world that works outside of an industry publication.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    I don't know if really is a shill as much as he's an anti-M$oft kind of guy, which ain't all bad (considering there are plenty of M$oft apologists in this world). It just seems to color his judgement at times. Still, he is the king "journalist" of the techno world that works outside of an industry publication.
    and he's dreamy.
    and he's dreamy.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Sorry, I couldn't help it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Show us the proof. Scan it in and attach it. Otherwise you have no proof and we toss it in the we don't know that heap of unfounded rumors.
    Man, talk about a tough crowd. But saying I'd lie about something so easily demonstrable (the Wall Street Journal) is kinda silly.

Since the FCC cares about the radio and not the OS, there's no reason to requalify the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGavilan
    Man, talk about a tough crowd. But saying I'd lie about something so easily demonstrable (the Wall Street Journal) is kinda silly.

Since the FCC cares about the radio and not the OS, there's no reason to requalify the 700p.

I like that answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGavilan

Col. Davy Crockett: Travis says 700p's coming.
    Jim Bowie: Travis says! I wouldn't take Travis' word that night's dark and day's light!
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Col. Davy Crockett: Travis says 700p's coming.
    Jim Bowie: Travis says! I wouldn't take Travis' word that night's dark and day's light!
    I would rather you, dutch, dstrauss and gharrod spend a week or two and give me an honest assesment. Oh, I forgot curly too.
    I would rather you, dutch, dstrauss and gharrod spend a week or two and give me an honest assesment. Oh, I forgot curly too.
    Are you just spoilin' for a fight - anything and any topic is okay - but lumping us in with curly is dirty pool.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast