1.    #1  
    Marc,

I have just started to get resets with the message "MemoryMgr.c, Line 2679 Chunk over-locked" when I do a ##377#

By chance any relationship to Chatter? I imagine not but I thought I'd ask for starters...

Thanks!
    Is this a sprint phone? It's a hardware problem; you need a new phone if this is coming up frequently.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Marc,

Thanks. It is a Sprint phone. I've had it for 1.5 years and had this problem occasionally in the past. I guess there is a time for everything to break down...
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Why is it a hardware problem? It sounds more like a software issue to me.

Are you able to reproduce the problem in any pattern? You may want to avoid using some applications to isolate the problem.

Thanks.
    I've seen about a dozen cases of repeated, frequent errors of that exact type. Every one was on a Sprint T650. The resets couldn't be localized to a particular application and, in at least one case, resets would happen spontaneously on a zero-out reset device. In EVERY case, these problems stopped completely with new hardware and never returned.

So while I agree with you that it SOUNDS like a software problem, I am convinced it isn't.

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Marc,

Thanks. I realize all the people that have been having trouble with this and do understand that it is probably a hardware issue.

If I could make a couple points to see if it raises any red flags...

1. Mine seemed to begin after I had to restore my device with backupman. Normally I have no problem but one time it went haywire (all kinds of errors when trying to restore). I simply tried again and everything "seemed" fine.

2. The errors I get seem mainly (and sometimes only) to be at night. The only difference I have set up between night and day is that Chatter is in sleep mode. Any ideas with this?
    No, sorry.

Marc
    it's worth trying to upgrade the firmware to sprint's latest if you haven't already tried that.
    -- berto
  9.    #9  
    Just did now. Thanks for tip.
  10.    #10  
    Two days and no crashes so far after ROM update!!!
    This is 100% a hardware problem - I think your memory is bad and Chatter just exposes the problem. I had the same issue and it just appeared all of a sudden. Search on the error here and you'll see lengthy discussions about this as Marc mentioned.
    http://www.codeproject.com/ce/palm_memorymanagment.asp
    indicates that this could be because of software too.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I just started to get this error earlier in December and the problem persists. Has anyone ascertained if this is 100% hardware related?
    Also, any chance that my 650 will be replaced? I have the phone insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslsigner View Post
    I just started to get this error earlier in December and the problem persists. Has anyone ascertained if this is 100% hardware related?
    Also, any chance that my 650 will be replaced? I have the phone insurance.
    I had my 650 replaced with Sprint insurance for this reason. It was prior to the 700p, so obviously they replaced it with a 650. I'm not sure what they'd do now but I imagine you'd get a 700p or maybe a 755 if you are lucky. If you search my posts for "Line 2679", I'm sure I posted about the experience.