1.    #1  
    I searched for other posts with similar problems to mine, but to no avail. Yesterday my phone suddenly would not receive email over GPRS, and when I tried to ping known servers I had multiple lost packets. Then, suddenly, I lost the ability to even turn on the radio(!) It has rendered my Treo 650 useless. Has anybody encountered a problem like this (it persists even after a soft reset [holding down the up button on the keypad])?

Thank you,

John
    you described a warm reset not a soft reset. If you do a warm reset the phone will not turn on. Do a soft reset (reset pin undee battery cover) and try again. Could be just a network outage re: your data connection
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    I pressed the pin under the cover while holding the up arrow, which I guess is a warm reset. When I just do a regular soft reset, it gets stuck in a boot loop. I am positive its not a network outage, since my spare phone works fine. Is there a preference file for the phone app that can become corrupted?
    If a reset doesn't help, it sounds like your radio is dead or dying. I'd take it in to your provider for repair/replacement. You've got a 1 yr warranty.
    If you are doing a soft reset and getting into an uneneding loop, there's something on ya phone causing a problem. Scotty above indicated that warm reset leaves you with phone off (I never realized that ). I would do a hard reset and see if phone works and if soft reset / loop problem goes away. If it does, your golden; if it doesn't hope you within 1 year warranty or 2 years if ya bought w/ Amex.
    Quote Originally Posted by digires
    I pressed the pin under the cover while holding the up arrow, which I guess is a warm reset. When I just do a regular soft reset, it gets stuck in a boot loop. I am positive its not a network outage, since my spare phone works fine. Is there a preference file for the phone app that can become corrupted?
    In this case you'll need to do a warm reset and delete whatever app might be causing the boot loop. Here's a good way to find out:

Soft reset the device and let it go into the boot loop. After it's looped at least once, do a warm reset. Once you're on the phone screen after the boot loop, enter #*377 + Dial (GSM) or ##377 + Dial (CDMA). In all likelihood the error log should tell you what app is causing it.

Click the home button to go to the apps launcher, and delete the offending app.

Note: If clicking the home button resets the device and puts you back in the reset loop, do another warm reset. Then, while in the phone app, create a favorite for "Applications". Use this favorite to access the apps launcher without clicking the home button. Then delete the offending app.

Good luck!

7.    #7  
    Thanks for the detailed response, I tried this anc came up with another question...what if the offending app happens to be Contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by digires
    Thanks for the detailed response, I tried this anc came up with another question...what if the offending app happens to be Contacts?
    Sounds like you have a corrupt contact record. Try the free dbScan tool located here to try and clean up the corrupt record (not sure if this does contact records too but another thread indicated it might:

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbscan.zip

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I just went through the same looping reset mess and a hard reset plus a simple hotsync fixed it. I also had the same no radio issue at the same time. Of course it could have been caused by my screwing around with zlauncher at the very time this happened.....