1.    #1  
    What's the recommended solution for going online with my laptop while in Europe?

I am bringing a Treo 600 (GSM - will by local chip) and a PC laptop (WinXP). A while back there was this software PDAnew. Is this still a good solution?
    Europe's a big place....where??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3.    #3  
    Austria
    Leave your phone at home. If you need one, buy a throw-away. I understand that Austria has hot spots everywhere.

Check It Out
  5.    #5  
    Not so sure about that. I lived there for, hmm, 25 years and last time i checked only a few of my people were doing the internet thing.

But seriously, these hotspots are not helpful. Won't have the time to navigate to them. What's the word on a data connection from your Treo 600. Is this an option that works or just another pain to be avoided?
    PDAnet works, I have used it, not in Europe, but in the US with Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by aszor
    Not so sure about that. I lived there for, hmm, 25 years and last time i checked only a few of my people were doing the internet thing.

But seriously, these hotspots are not helpful. Won't have the time to navigate to them. What's the word on a data connection from your Treo 600. Is this an option that works or just another pain to be avoided?
    I'm not the type that would go to Europe for anything...sorry.
  8.    #8  
    You would not go for anything, meaning you would go for something? Or did you mean to say that you are the type that would not go to Europe for anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by aszor
    You would not go for anything, meaning you would go for something? Or did you mean to say that you are the type that would not go to Europe for anything?
    The French make nice soap, but I can buy that here without going there, comprende vu