Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The arrow symbol above the antenna on the internet page isn't there. when I try to type in an address or click on the home icon nothing happens. It doesn't say that it's trying to find the address. Is there something that I might have accidently clicked on to shut it down? I have no clue. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Justin
    Are you using Blazer?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Yes.

Justin
    Hmmm, you might have to call your service provider and have your internet services re-provisioned. I had to do that several months back, myself, when I couldn't get Blazer to do crap. Try accessing the net with an alternate browser(Xiino, for instance. Peep the trial), and see what happens. Can you still use your Treo for other data-related things(such as checking email with VersaFail)? If that's the case, you probably need to get your internet services re-provisioned. Are you with Sprint, by any chance?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I am w/Sprint. I can make/recieve calls, and text messages. I just can't get on the net.

Justin
    Justin - try downloading Xiino here and see if you can go online with it. I'm guessing you can. I'm also guessing you can use other third-party data related apps. If you can go online with Xiino, call Sprint, ask to speak to an 'advanced technical representative'(the typical customer service people won't be able to help you - trust me), and tell them the problem and that you believe you need to have your internet services re-provisioned. I know this is kinda after the fact, but you HAVE tried a reset, haven't you?
    To check if your Treo is able to connect without
    messing around with browsers and such, go to:

1) Prefs->Network
    2) [Menu]->Options->View Log

Scroll down, and you should be able to see the
    connection details, IP address and such. If it is
    not connected to will simply say "Not connected."

Below all that, and if connected, that you can type:

ping treocentral.com[Enter]
    wait, and see what happens... (times-out or pings...)

(or what ever site you feel like. On my Treo, "ping
    hotmail.com" times out..., "ping treocentral.com"
    gets a response in 930 ms.)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    To check if your Treo is able to connect without
    messing around with browsers and such, go to:

1) Prefs->Network
    2) [Menu]->Options->View Log

Scroll down, and you should be able to see the
    connection details, IP address and such. If it is
    not connected to will simply say "Not connected."

Below all that, and if connected, that you can type:

ping treocentral.com[Enter]
    wait, and see what happens... (times-out or pings...)

(or what ever site you feel like. On my Treo, "ping
    hotmail.com" times out..., "ping treocentral.com"
    gets a response in 930 ms.)

Cool tip, I didn't realize you could do that. Regardless though, he might still be connected but unable to use Blazer due to Sprint. This has happened to me. I could still use the net with another browser, could still check email, could still log into Verichat, but Blazer just wouldn't work(because I needed to re-provision my net services via Sprint). 'Twas weird.
    I just had a replacement 650 that wouldn't connect to the network because the user had not updated the roaming list (through Verizon). Once I updated the list, it connected fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Cool tip, I didn't realize you could do that.
    Come-on! I'm just recycling stuff I read here...