Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I tried the basic and my 650 reset when I went to CNN. I installed the OTA version of advanced and CNN came up in one page. Seems to be working pretty good. Just wish you could paste your bookmarks in, instead of having to type them. Also wish you could use the menu button to access the menu.
    Last edited by gapost; 05/20/2006 at 07:17 AM.
    you can paste by, when you're at a text field, press the bottom right ALT key on the treo. You will be shown an interface where you can do paste. CNN came up in one page for you?

Update: it now comes up in one page! I just had to reset the preference for 4MB/8kb stack and it's all good. delish, no crashes (yet), great speed..aahh
    Last edited by g-funkster; 05/20/2006 at 09:59 AM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Menu (the left soft key) = W on your keyboard

O is for the right soft key
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thanks for the info. Opera is really sweet.
    You know, the advanced version seems more stable than it used to. That said, after using the Basic version of Opera Mini for two weeks, I have a hard time seeing any advantages to using the Advanced Version.

If anything, the Advanced version displays LESS of the page, because it displays a title bar at the top.

In fact, the only advantage I see is that the Backspace button acts as a Back button, and that didn't work on the Basic version. Any thoughts?

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I just wanted to say thanks for letting us know about this, since I have started using the new version I have had no resets and I use it with the hi rez settings, the only problem I have had is after downloading a few pages with lots of photos I do get a memory full notice and then I do have to reset, or stop browsing and do somthing constructive
    I do love this new version.
    Thanks
    Terry
    New build of Opera Mini available on July 4th, build 2.0.4509

http://mini.opera.com

We've just released a new, minor update of Opera Mini 2.0. Get it at http://mini.opera.com

http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=146866

"Some of the fixes are specifically targeted at

* Sony Ericsson T610-series
    * Sony Ericsson P910
    * BenQ SXG75 & EF81
    * Palm Treo 650
    * Devices with stylus input
    * All Siemens phones"

seems relatively stable to me. Enjoy!

Opera mini is so fast and renders most webpages well. If this makes it more stable, it should be the browser of choice for many people. BTW, after a lot of testing, I find if I set java to 1mb and 4kb, it is the most stable.
    It is a pity that they do not want to make a version for Palm OS 5. I hoped they will do some day. I do not like that I must to have a huge java for this. And Opera resets pretty often, I did not use new versions yet, but 1.2 was awful. What else... ah.. there is no possibility to use a clipboard... no possibility to change a track in a player while browsing... no possibility to browse and IM at the same time...
    On my Sprint Treo 700p I have it set to 8mb max memory, stack side 16kb.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Opera mini is so fast and renders most webpages well. If this makes it more stable, it should be the browser of choice for many people. BTW, after a lot of testing, I find if I set java to 1mb and 4kb, it is the most stable.
    Am I actually supposed to pay $5.99 for Java when some people say Java is a memory hog and crashes and blah blah blah?
    garinballbarin
    When I came to mini.opera.com with Blazer, which version should I install? Low memory version or High memory version? Which one is more stable?
    Quote Originally Posted by kamizuno
    Am I actually supposed to pay $5.99 for Java when some people say Java is a memory hog and crashes and blah blah blah?
    Java is free:

Go to http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/ , fill in the form, select your device and download WEME571.zip and follow the installation instructions (they are fairly simple).

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
    When I came to mini.opera.com with Blazer, which version should I install? Low memory version or High memory version? Which one is more stable?
    I use the high memory version. On my 650, just went to mini.opera.com with blazer and there wasn't a choice of versions (I am positive it's the high memory one though)

I have a direct link to the WEME571.zip file in my hourlyXcast thread here, no need to register for anything, along with installation instructions:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6222&p=1006087
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    I've downloaded the JAVA zip file directly to my phone and am extracting with Explorer. There are a quite a few files, which ones do I need to install? JSR172, JSR75, ARM4T (different languages)?
    Install only these two files:
    JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc
    J9JavaVMMidp20.prc

I don't know why they don't make this more obvious. You have to hunt for the install instructions.

The 2nd one (J9Java....) is and installer. It'll unzip itself to a bunch of different files.
    The 1st one (JavaVMCheck...) is just a tiny java app. It's purpose is that you run it to see if Java is installed and working.
    The Java settings are under the "Prefs" (Prefs on the main home screen.)

If you try to install this from a card, you may have to reset your Treo for the install to complete.

Opera Mini 2.0 works great. But unfortunately it always crashes on me after a while. I haven't found memory settings that seem to work 100%, but 1MB of memory allocated for Opera seems to work the best so far.

Dang Treo. Nothing actaully works on this thing.
    Installing the JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc keeps giving an error "The appl cannot be launched because of a system error".
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy
    Installing the JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc keeps giving an error "The appl cannot be launched because of a system error".
    Try installing the other one first. If that doesn't, didn't work, you might need to hotsync it
    scottymomo,
    When you open mini.opera.com, click the link "alternative download page" and there you could select low or high memory versions. I also installed high version... hope it will work good!

I install Java using Filez, just copy to RAM the following files:

J9JavaVMMidp20.prc
    JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc
    WebServices.prc
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast