Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Get this message after loading mini. "missing IBM Java vm" what should I do and how? thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    Can anyone confirm if the download feature is working? On mtdn, I seem to keep getting the login message, even after logging in.

Thanks
    MTDN requires you to be logged in to download, and since the downloads are going via blazer, make sure you're permanently logged into MTDN via blazer.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash
    Get this message after loading mini. "missing IBM Java vm" what should I do and how? thanks,
    See post 22 in this thread. You need to install java on your Treo
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash
    After downloading it from teh palm web site, read this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104211
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    yup, it crashed twice on me earlier. Changed to 4MB/8kb, disabled effects, crossing my fingers, no crashes since ( but not a lot of use either ).
    Used those same settings. Still getting the resets and finally ended up in a reset loop. Had to hard reset and restore from backup so OM 2.0 is gone now. Guess I'll wait for more feedback before re-installing. It's a shame because it is much quicker than Blazer.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I didn't really get any resets when I had the default settings, it seems to me that with extended browsing I get resets, like if I hit several pages, maybe the stack is getting filled up and as far as Opera Mini is concerned it needs to reset to clean out the cahce, you are right though, it is much faster than Blazer, I use Zlauncher and I store Webpro on my card for another alternative!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Using the 2.0 Lo-Fi version, excellent speed, displays every web site so far including my yahoo and google. Had a crash when I tried to d/l a file, otherwise solid as a rock. It's now my main browser, except when I need to d/l or see a full image.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I wonder if it is possible to have the Lo-Fi version AND the Ho-Fi version on the same treo? Then one could use either one as needed...

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    The 2.0 hi-fi version is unstable to the point of uselessness regardless of the IBM JVM settings, as going to Bookmarks any time but from the Home screen on first entering the app or loading more than 10 pages in a row in a surfing session invariably causes a reset. The lo-fi version works great, although ironically enough, it seems to load 2-3x more data from each webpage compared to hi-fi (50-60k for cnn.com on hi-fi vs 110-120k on lo-fi, both with std res images enabled).
    I love those airdales, srlondon!

Yeah, I was wary upon reading on their own website that the "issues" with this latest Opera release included random device resetting. I wonder how hard it is to make a good, stable, functional browser? C'mon Mozilla!
    I have the same issues as srlondon and have rolled back to the previous (functional) version of Opera. Reboots using Opera 2.0 are always from "MemoryMgr.c, Line:2679, hunk over-locked".
    Even after a hard reset here Opera is still crashing.
    http://www.pdalive.com/showarticle.php?threadid=11087

There is a new Opera mini version which supports HiRes and is stable:
    You can get it (advanced version) at the above link
    Quote Originally Posted by ToroA
    Even after a hard reset here Opera is still crashing.

Go to http://mini.opera.com in Blaze and download and re-install the Opera Mini 2.0 on your Treo. Once I re-installed this way, I haven't had a crash since while in Opera Mini 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthrust
    Go to http://mini.opera.com in Blaze and download and re-install the Opera Mini 2.0 on your Treo. Once I re-installed this way, I haven't had a crash since while in Opera Mini 2.0
    You're right!! Opera is working MUCH better installing it this way! Haven't had a crash in 30 minutes of using Opera Mini and the entire pages are loading - not being split up into 2 or 3 pages. Thanks a lot !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    http://www.pdalive.com/showarticle.php?threadid=11087

You can get it (advanced version) at the above link

I installed the advanced version and it seems to work alot better... actually usable now but it froze on me and I had to reset. I am going to try to use it again
    oh yeah tried to load www.cnn.com and it reset quick.
    I uninstalled and then reinstalled from mini.opera.com and I haven't reset yet.
    yeah, checked opera mini site and there was a new build out on Wednesday that was supposed to be more stable on Pallm devices. Not reset free but works better and faster and History comes up without crashing for me...also plays nicer with Keycaps refresh rate when scrolling down
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I'm on the new build, but still using the basic, as it loads more of the page still than the advanced. For instance, earlier, the basic split CNN 2 times instead of 4 times for the advanced. what's the deal there?
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast