Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Can anyone confirm if the download feature is working? On mtdn, I seem to keep getting the login message, even after logging in.

Thanks
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    thanks
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quick Q: how much disk space does Java and Operat take up each and can both be run off the card using launcherx?
    downloading worked for me..although blazer crashed during the download
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    damn, I guess I hafta do that on my PC later. too bad I can't get right to the .prc files. oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban75
    Quick Q: how much disk space does Java and Operat take up each and can both be run off the card using launcherx?
    this might tell you:

clicky
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Interesting, when downloading a file in Opera Mini you are told you may need to exit, and at that point launches Blazer to download the file.
    aah so they're using platformRequest. I hope they implement their own downloader with resume support in the future
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    What does everyone use in the IBM Java stack size, is it better to set it higher than 4 megs, or is 1 enough? Also does anyone still have any issues with the 650 resetting randomly?

All in all though, nice improvement, I like the look and feel and it is relativly fast, does good for my needs anyway.... I hope they keep up the good work, its shaping up well
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Stack size and stack size affects the frequency of pagination. I use 4MB Memory and 8KB stack. To large a stack/memory will result in instability. Too little results in excessive pagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    What does everyone use in the IBM Java stack size, is it better to set it higher than 4 megs, or is 1 enough? Also does anyone still have any issues with the 650 resetting randomly?

All in all though, nice improvement, I like the look and feel and it is relativly fast, does good for my needs anyway.... I hope they keep up the good work, its shaping up well
    I would get resets almost immediately when i set the stack & memory higher than the default (1MB/2k). I say keep it there. Great browser, suprisingly, I end up using Opera more than any other browser these days.

Don't forget to install the j9secpol.prc from here so you don't get the data permission pop-up box.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 05/03/2006 at 02:37 PM.
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Wow! cesium1024 and g-funkster, you guys just made my day! I set the stack size like cesium1024 said and I downloaded that j9secpol.prc that g-funkster recommended and man Opera is awesome! Thanks Guys!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    No problem, sorry for the mispelling and repeated words in my post, I was multi-tasking and I use Opera on the desktop with HTTP_USER_AGENT obfuscation to appear as IE for the proxy-nazi's and this breaks my ability to edit posts (IE-DHTML trying to run for Opera I assume).
    To add stability to Opera mini (I've had crashes when scrolling with large image data on the screen) disable smooth scrolling.

In Opera:

Menu -> Tools -> Settings

Disable Smooth Scrolling and Navigation Animations.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Just tried that now, wow! Opera is a really nice browser, almost worth the size on the Treo, with Java and all that installed. I would love to see it as just a prc without the java, but I think I said before I understand why they do it. This would be great with EVDO! Where is my 700p!
    Last edited by iramike; 05/03/2006 at 03:11 PM.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

Getting a higher rate of Memory chunk-overlocked errors with 2.0 as opposed to the previous version..trying to toy with the JVM settings to see if I can increase stability.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Well it's more stable than before but I still get resets after only limited browsing. Let me know if you find the magic JVM settings. I reduced my preference settings to those recommended by Cesium1024 but still having problems. I had given up on the previous version so will see how long I am able to tolerate this one.
    is there any way to import bookmarks from blazer?
    It hasn't been very stable for me either. I've tried many combinations of JVM settings along with connecting using both GPRS & hi-speed bluetooth, all relatively unstable when browsing sites with rich content & graphics.

I have noticed the older version was much more stable in the middle of the night, around 1 AM. Being a client server type app, and not a true browser, its possible that the root of the problem lies with the Opera servers.
    yup, it crashed twice on me earlier. Changed to 4MB/8kb, disabled effects, crossing my fingers, no crashes since ( but not a lot of use either ).
    In my book, there is a special place for anything involving Java: The trash-can
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast