Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is the headphone jack on your Treo 650 broken? Do you have to constantly plug in and take out headphone sets to listen to music or talk on the phone? If so, and your jack isn't broken, it probably will be with extended use. If you are looking for a solution now, Seidio is proud to announce the release of our Connector Type Audio Adaptor. It is a dongle type of device that fits securely to the connector dock of your Treo 650 and has a 4" cable terminating in a 3.5mm female audio jack. It allows to enable Treo internal microphone so that you can use your favorite set of headphones to take on the phone and to listen to music. The total length from connector tip to end of the 3.5mm jack is about 4". It is extremely portable - just place it in a pocket and use as necessary. You won't be able to hot sync or charge your Treo using this product, but you will certainly be able to use your headphones again.

Please contact jingzhang@seidio.com or visit our website at http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=311 for more information on this product.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductI...50_con_mic.jpg
    Lacking the resources and drive to put my ideas into
    practice, I tend to give them away for free:

So Seidio,

I would have prefered the cable strain relief to be hinged
    (and flapping both ways) so that the cable exits towards
    the side (ie. at 90 DEG) instead of coming straight out.

Also, isn't the connector just too long? The connecter
    casing itself could wrap-back behind the Treo. Why no
    slot for the charging connector?

Since palm appears to have standardized on this ****ty
    connector, surely you could justify the development costs.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Is this a new version of the same product?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Careful with this one, folks. You may also need to purchace this:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--410.htm
    Seidio does not tell you that the adaptor may not work with some headphones.
    Wfm
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    sorry... wfm = ?
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    sorry... wfm = ?
    Works For Me...bought one a few weeks ago and works fine with my earbuds..YMMV and not sure it applies to this adapter like it does in some cases to the others.

Ack, I just bought the original version of this for 10.95 and now see this version includes the mic capability, can I exchange mine for the new one (don't mind paying the difference)?

If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can jumper the pins 1 and 2 and get the same effect. That's what Seidio did (probably).

NoNobeez had posted the instructions here some weeks ago. Worked for me.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Does this work with the Treo 700w as well?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Does this work with the Treo 700w as well?
    Sorry, this only works with Treo 650.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I just got the latest version (I hope) of the connector type audio adaptor by Seidio today from Treocentral.com and can verify that it DOES NOT allow the microphone to work when the adaptor is plugged in. I have a brand new Treo 650 from Sprint. With the adaptor plugged in I made a call to my home phone while I stood in my kitchen. I could here fine through the headphones, but when my answering machine picked up, my voice DID NOT carry over. So either the claims by Seidio are false or I got an old version of the adaptor.

Note: By the way. I had a small problem with my Treocentral order (unrelated to above problem) so I called them. I got a very pleasent and prompt resolution to my problem. I was shocked at how well I was treated. Kudos to Treocentral.com.
    Last edited by bigthrust; 05/15/2006 at 09:02 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthrust
    I just got the latest version (I hope) of the connector type audio adaptor by Seidio today from Treocentral.com and can verify that it DOES NOT allow the microphone to work when the adaptor is plugged in. I have a brand new Treo 650 from Sprint. With the adaptor plugged in I made a call to my home phone while I stood in my kitchen. I could here fine through the headphones, but when my answering machine picked up, my voice DID NOT carry over. So either the claims by Seidio are false or I got an old version of the adaptor.

Note: By the way. I had a small problem with my Treocentral order (unrelated to above problem) so I called them. I got a very pleasent and prompt resolution to my problem. I was shocked at how well I was treated. Kudos to Treocentral.com.
    The version Treocentral is carrying does not allow to enable the inetrnal microphone. They will carry the version that allows to enable the internal microphone shortly.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    The version Treocentral is carrying does not allow to enable the inetrnal microphone. They will carry the version that allows to enable the internal microphone shortly.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Funny, that's not what their site specifies:

"If the headphone jack on your Treo 650 is broken, Seidio's Audio Out Adapter will get you rocking again.

This dongle fits securely to the connector dock of your Treo 650 and has a 4" cable terminating in a 3.5mm female audio jack. Your favorite headphones can now be used both for stereo music and phone conversations (using the Treo's interal mic)."

Since I was mislead, should I get my money back?
    I am voicing my opinion. STAY AWAY: Seidio products have been a piece of crap in my experience. I have purchased 3 of them, adapters, unretractable headsets, and hi end retractable headphones that cost $50 a piece! I bought 2 now, retractable and not, and they both died. I babied these things and even kept them in a separate case and they still crackeld popped and died. Seidio will only cover the HE for 120 days which should have told me something, or up to 6 months for the unretractable - so basically you are paying $50 dollars for something that will only last 6 months at the most. And they wont repair. to be clear 1: the equipment is not first rate it is cheap and doesn't ever last long. 2) they dont have a resonable warranty 3) they make it hard to get a replacement if you do break it in time. check out their
    RMA page you have to place an order for $0 and give a CC # to even get an RMA.
    I talked to them on the phone about having to replace their headsets twice in one year and they said our policy is written and you can go ....elsewhere.

Bottom line they don't seem to care about making the customer happy and repeat business.

I need a solution for a wired/bluetooth stereo headset for the treo 650 that i can adjust the volume on the headset itself to listen to videos and that sounds good, is well made and will really last...any suggestions?

thanks!

iZ
    ideawizard why do you need a wired solution?

reason I ask, you can control the volume from BT stereo headsets with SAG. Not sure about it working with a movie player tho.
    There is no spoon.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ideawizard
    I am voicing my opinion. STAY AWAY: Seidio products have been a piece of crap in my experience. I have purchased 3 of them, adapters, unretractable headsets, and hi end retractable headphones that cost $50 a piece! I bought 2 now, retractable and not, and they both died. I babied these things and even kept them in a separate case and they still crackeld popped and died. Seidio will only cover the HE for 120 days which should have told me something, or up to 6 months for the unretractable - so basically you are paying $50 dollars for something that will only last 6 months at the most. And they wont repair. to be clear 1: the equipment is not first rate it is cheap and doesn't ever last long. 2) they dont have a resonable warranty 3) they make it hard to get a replacement if you do break it in time. check out their
    RMA page you have to place an order for $0 and give a CC # to even get an RMA.
    I talked to them on the phone about having to replace their headsets twice in one year and they said our policy is written and you can go ....elsewhere.

Bottom line they don't seem to care about making the customer happy and repeat business.

I need a solution for a wired/bluetooth stereo headset for the treo 650 that i can adjust the volume on the headset itself to listen to videos and that sounds good, is well made and will really last...any suggestions?

thanks!

iZ
    Hi,

Who did you talk to? If you will email me directly with a phone number to reach you by, I will call you immediately and see what we can do for you. I apologize for the trouble in navigating our RMA request page - we are trying to work on that. You DON'T need to put any credit card info in the box to file for an RMA, but I understand that the text is confusing. We DO care about satisfying our customers to the best of our ability. Our results aren't 100%, but we try to be as reasonable and responsive as we can. If you'll send me that number, I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you directly.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthrust
    Funny, that's not what their site specifies:

"If the headphone jack on your Treo 650 is broken, Seidio's Audio Out Adapter will get you rocking again.

This dongle fits securely to the connector dock of your Treo 650 and has a 4" cable terminating in a 3.5mm female audio jack. Your favorite headphones can now be used both for stereo music and phone conversations (using the Treo's interal mic)."

Since I was mislead, should I get my money back?
    Hi big,

Please email me with a contact email or phone number and I'll be happy to work with you.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer
    Careful with this one, folks. You may also need to purchace this:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--410.htm
    Seidio does not tell you that the adaptor may not work with some headphones.
    Which ones 3.5mm headphones have you had trouble with?

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    Lacking the resources and drive to put my ideas into
    practice, I tend to give them away for free:

So Seidio,

I would have prefered the cable strain relief to be hinged
    (and flapping both ways) so that the cable exits towards
    the side (ie. at 90 DEG) instead of coming straight out.

Also, isn't the connector just too long? The connecter
    casing itself could wrap-back behind the Treo. Why no
    slot for the charging connector?

Since palm appears to have standardized on this ****ty
    connector, surely you could justify the development costs.

- mvk
    Hi,

We are still refining this family of products and taking all suggestions into consideration during our development phase.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast