Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Sorry it's taken so long, but we should have the Treo 680 and 750 adapter available by the end of the month. We'll let you know as soon as it's here.

Thanks
    This is very good news. Put me down for 2 of them. I hope you have a lot of demand for them since I have been a vocal advocate for this device.

Now if you told us that the new device either allows access to the power connector or has a pass thru that would be Awesome.

Do you need someone to test the adapter with the 680?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    This is very good news. Put me down for 2 of them. I hope you have a lot of demand for them since I have been a vocal advocate for this device.

Now if you told us that the new device either allows access to the power connector or has a pass thru that would be Awesome.

Do you need someone to test the adapter with the 680?
    Scott,

It is availabe now !! we also add in-line microphoe

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=864

Seidio
    Very cool. I like the addition of the MIC. It would have been a home run if you solved how to access the power connector.

I plan to buy 2.
    Very cool. I like the addition of the MIC. It would have been a home run if you solved how to access the power connector.

I plan to buy 2.
    I agree about the power connector, though how well does the microphone pick up audio anyway? Usually on headsets the microphone is closer to the actual earphones, so it dangles near the chin, so I'm curious how effective it is near the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I agree about the power connector, though how well does the microphone pick up audio anyway? Usually on headsets the microphone is closer to the actual earphones, so it dangles near the chin, so I'm curious how effective it is near the phone.
    I had pretty good results using the MIC on the Treo. It was good enough for a short phone call or to tell the caller to hold on while I switched to my wired headset. I would hope Seidio MIC works a little better than the Treo MIC.

David - can you comment on the MIC comparison of the built-in one vs. the one on your dongle?
    I finally got around to ordering a couple of the new Seidio audio adapters for my 680. Once I have a chance to try it then I will post my feedback/review.
    I have been using the new Seidio audio adapter with my 680 for the last week. For the most part the device works as advertised. I have had a few instances where Ptunes had trouble detecting the adapter. Once I had to exit then reenter Ptunes to find it. This morning I had to reboot my 680 to detect it.

The addition of the MIC is curious. I was getting ok results using the MIC on the Treo. I wonder if the MIC was added as a requirement to get this adapter to work with the 680. Its still a mystery why the old adapters that worked with the 650 did not work with the 680. According to Palm the pinouts on the two devices are the same. I think the addition of the MIC has something to do with how the new adapters work with the 680. I would not use this device for any lengthy phone calls. Instead I pull it and switch to a wired headset.

My biggest gripe is how this adapter has no support for power pass-thru. It also blocks direct access to the power connector. This will be a problem for me on long trips where the battery will get run down. I will then have to switch back to my 2.5mm to 3.5m adapter cable which lets me plug in the car charger along side it.

Lastly, the adapter is a little pricey at $17.95. But that is cheaper then getting my phone jack repaired.

Overall I am pleased with the adapter as it allows me to minimize the wear-and-tear on the 2.5mm phone jack. I give this accessory 3 out of 4 stars (***). It would get 4 stars if it had an answer to power problem.
    I got the new Sedio audio adapter for my 755P and it is not working well. If I can get it to play through to my headphones which is rarely, when I take it off the volume is mute until I do a soft reset. Has anyone had this happen, and is there a way to fix it? I am very disappointed as I wanted to use this so I did not need to use the headphone jack, and I don't want to use a bluetooth headset.
    I have now shelved these new Audio adapters. More often then not, the adapters are not detected and the audio plays out of the Treo's built-in speaker instead of thru the Universal connector. I have switched back to using the 2.5mm connector.

I dont think Seidio got it quite right with this one.

David from Seidio - any suggestions? I am willing to give you another chance on this.
    Last edited by swieder; 12/22/2007 at 08:32 AM.
    I did the same thing swieder. I really wanted this to work as I don't want to have audio jack problems. I also did not like having to soft reset when it did work to get sound to play again out of the speakers. I also would like any suggestions from David from Sedio.
    Did you guys ever work on the problems with using these adapters on the 680?
    Did you guys ever work on the problems with using these adapters on the 680?
    (bump)
    I just got a new car with a built-in 3.5mm jack. I tried the old (no mic) and new (w/ mic) style Seidio audio adapters. Neither one worked with my Treo 680. I wish it did so that I could keep the wear and tear down on the Treo headset jack.

David from Seidio - did this adapter ever get fixed for the Treo 680?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456