Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Another idea is to use the new style connector that doesn't cover the power port.
    That would work too.

I would also buy an adapter with a cigarette lighter cable hard wired to it.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Any update on adding a power connector to the Seidio audio adapter? Its been almost 4 months since the reply about "not to distant future."
    bump!
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    This has been a very popular suggestion and one we are looking into now. Hopefully, we will have something that will satisfy all in the not too distant future.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Bump Bump. I've been checking their site frequently. An update on the timeframe would be helpful.
    It looks like this product idea is dead.

David from Seidio: how about a definitive answer? Will we ever see an update to this connector that includes power?
    Anyone else have trouble with the sound disappearing from the right channel?

I've had this for a while now and it worked great for the first couple of months. But then the right channel dropped off. Applying pressure in one direction worked for another couple of months. But that stopped working recently.

Is there a way to tweak the connector (push a few pins? pull some out?) to get it working again?

Thanks a lot.
    Sometimes I have to wiggle the connector to get it to work at all. I have PM's David from Seidio to ask about an update on a connector with power. No response after 1 week+
    I opened the hotsync connector on one of these. The quality of soldering inside is extremely poor.
    You can repair this if you are good with a soldering iron..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    The source of the problem ended up being where the thin wire attaches to the dock connector. The rubber sheath looks fine so I guess the wire inside broke from twisting and turning. If I twist and push the wire enough, I can get the right channel audio back.

I bought this at the beginning of August last year so it looks like I just ran-out the 6-month warranty.

I PM'd David from Seido a while ago but haven't heard back yet. Is he still the main contact?
    David from Seidio seems to stopped responding to posts and PMs. I wonder what happened.
    I plugged this audio adapter into my shiny new Treo 680 and audio continues to come out of the Treo speaker instead of the adapter. Did the pin outs change for the 680 or am I seeing the impedance matching problem?

Any 680 owners successfully using this audio adapter?
    Heard back from Seidio that the audio adapter will NOT work with the 680 due to a change in the pinouts. Why, Palm, Why?

I am going to try rewiring my adapter once I find out the new audio pinouts for the 680. Anyone have this info?
  12.    #92  
    Heard back from Seidio that the audio adapter will NOT work with the 680 due to a change in the pinouts. Why, Palm, Why?

I am going to try rewiring my adapter once I find out the new audio pinouts for the 680. Anyone have this info?

Scott,

we can only make this type of connector for Palm OS meaning for Treo 650, 680, 755.

Seidio
    Scott,

we can only make this type of connector for Palm OS meaning for Treo 650, 680, 755.

Seidio
    making the adapter for the 680 would be great for me and others.
  14.    #94  
    making the adapter for the 680 would be great for me and others.
    How is the demand for Treo 680 adaptor ?
    Still waiting for this adaptor (for Treo 650) that has a power connector ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    How is the demand for Treo 680 adaptor ?
    Lots of people, including me, have moved from the 650 to 680, that would like the audio adapter. I have also heard the 680 2.5mm jack is no more reliable than the 650. Its only a matter of time until people need the Seidio audio adapter.

If you could make one adapter that supports the 650 and 680 plus can pass thru power then you would have a HIT product.
    I actually got a response from Palm about this:
    "Treo 650 and Treo 680 have the same signals route out to the Athena connector. For audio these are the pin out: 14 spkr_L, 15 sprk_R, 16 Agnd, 17 mic_in."

There must be a detection problem such as the wrong impedance. I have asked Seidio if they can look at this.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I'd love one. I'm going to pick one up anyway, and see if it works (if not, I can try my hand at soldering, I guess...). I just need to be able to listen to music, as my 2.5mm port is going...
    Actually, if someone could figure out how to make the old 650 compatible plug work with the 680 pinout (impedance or whatever), there would be several happy people right here!
  20.    #100  
    Sorry it's taken so long, but we should have the Treo 680 and 750 adapter available by the end of the month. We'll let you know as soon as it's here.

Thanks
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast