Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by handtruck
    I've bought a few seidio products and this is the first one that is failing me. I've sent many emails but have yet to hear a response.
    Contact David Silver

832-204-1104 (direct Line)
    davidsilver@seidio.com

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I have my Adapter in use for a few weeks. So far the connection has been reliable.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    David, is there any possibility of us getting a 'Power-thru' version of the connector? Looking at the comments about the adapter, it seems like most people are very happy with the Mic-use version, but would LOVE a version of that adapter that let's us recharge our treos, as well.

For me, as one of those folks that uses my 650 in the car for long drives and on airplanes, this would be a great solution. Either as a Y'd connector (mic-jack on one side, USB connector on the other) or just opening a hole in the bottom of the connector to plug in Palm's power plug would work. Of course, if you'd make it retractable...

Thanks!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    I totally agree with Nahctswerg's suggestion. Support for power would be really nice. I am often in my car using the Seidio connector and wanting to charge my Treo.

Could the connector be made narrower giving us straight access to the power connector on the phone? I thought I have seen connectors like that.
    swieder, I haven't seen connectors like that for sale anywhere (but I haven't looked too hard - just the Palm PluggedIn site, where they only have the full connector). I'd thought about doing another version of my one-piece (no dongle) dock headphone adapter using a Palm OEM sync cable with the power pass-through. It would be pretty easy to move the pins in the connector to the right spots, then solder on a headphone jack. But instead I think I'm going to build a full-on car mount that pipes audio to my car stereo and has a built-in charger.
    Here is what I was thinking about for a new connector on the Seidio adapter
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../5-18--112.htm

Does anyone have this cable and can say whether the power connector is accessible?
    On another topic - is anyone else using the Seidio adapter and a phone headset? I notice a drop in MIC and Earpiece volume when the Seidio adapter is plugged in. When I remove the adapter the volume levels return to normal.

ps: I also posted this problem to the VolumeCare forum to see if the behavior is related to that product.
    Swieder, I've noticed two volume problems with VC and the adapter. The first is the one you reported, which is that the volume drops. For me, if it happens while I'm on a call, I just hit the mute/unmute button and the volume comes back.

However, my second problem is that VC + adapter + phone call is LOUD! Like 'hurt my ears' loud. I've tried adjusting the volume in VC or by using the side buttons, but it's still painfully loud on some calls.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Thanks for the tip on mute/unmute. I will give that a try. My phone is definitely not too loud. I use a shure headset for calls. Are you getting the loud calls thru the car speakers? I turn off my car speakers and just use the headset.
    I took an incoming call this morning and tried the mute/unmute trick. It did not change the volume. Once I pulled the plug on the Seidio adapter than the volume was restored to normal levels.

Nachtswerg - can you explain how this works for you? Does mute/unmute help with the volume or MIC levels or both?
    Last edited by swieder; 07/21/2006 at 09:01 AM.
    Bump for Nachtswerg & swieder; I want audio out and power all on the same cable. I'm planning to use it in my truck so I can change while listening to music!

Thoughts?
    Dale
    Quote Originally Posted by netdale
    Bump for Nachtswerg & swieder; I want audio out and power all on the same cable. I'm planning to use it in my truck so I can change while listening to music!

Thoughts?
    Dale
    A BIG improvement would be to have the Seidio adapter also power the Treo. I would immediately buy two more even at a higher price.

This has been suggested to David a few times, but he says the power connector for the Treo is hard to find and expensive. I am not too hopeful that we will see this improvement.

David - any update?
    Yeah. Exactly. Audio+Power on the same cable. I'm concerned already that my 2.5mm jack is showing its age. By using a combo connector it would charge and provide audio off one connection!

Lets keep asking; it never hurts to ask! I'd definitely buy one...that and a 2400mAh battery.

Dale
    As most of us already have car chargers, all they would have to do is make a jack on the back of the adapter to accept the power cord (just like the OEM cable). I'd buy one too if that mod was made.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    As most of us already have car chargers, all they would have to do is make a jack on the back of the adapter to accept the power cord (just like the OEM cable). I'd buy one too if that mod was made.
    I second this suggestion. Having a way to pass power from an existing power supply through this adapter would make it a quick sale for me. I've held off purchasing because it currently makes it impossible to charge while using the adapter.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    I second this suggestion. Having a way to pass power from an existing power supply through this adapter would make it a quick sale for me. I've held off purchasing because it currently makes it impossible to charge while using the adapter.
    This has been a very popular suggestion and one we are looking into now. Hopefully, we will have something that will satisfy all in the not too distant future.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Any update on adding a power connector to the Seidio audio adapter? Its been almost 4 months since the reply about "not to distant future."
    Hey David,

You can add me to the list of people would definitely buy this product if it had a power option as well! Like others have said... just the OEM style power port on this adapter would work well and guarantee you some sales!

Please give us an update. Thanks much!

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Hey Seidio!
    ...any updates ?

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    Another idea is to use the new style connector that doesn't cover the power port.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast