Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 113
  1.    #41  
    All,

    There seems to be a couple of issues here. Some of the confusion concerns where you may have purchased your product from. There may have been some unintentional advertising by some of our resellers, which we are addressing now. Another issue is that that Treo is NATIVELY unable to accomodate higher impedance devices. The short (and only) term solution is to purchase our audio coupler in conjunction with this adaptor. We are in the process of updating our description of that product and making sure that it goes out to our resellers. I am still receptive to any and all individual emails that you may have. We are a company - but we are comprised of individuals. Most of us here invest our reputations and integrity into our jobs as far as representing our company. If we make mistakes, we do take it personally and certainly want to do what we can to correct them. This isn't a "rah rah trust and buy from us" speech, it's just my slant on my job and responsibilities to our customers. Please contact me personally if you aren't getting the service you deserve through normal channels.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    All,

    There seems to be a couple of issues here. Some of the confusion concerns where you may have purchased your product from. There may have been some unintentional advertising by some of our resellers, which we are addressing now. Another issue is that that Treo is NATIVELY unable to accomodate higher impedance devices. The short (and only) term solution is to purchase our audio coupler in conjunction with this adaptor. We are in the process of updating our description of that product and making sure that it goes out to our resellers. I am still receptive to any and all individual emails that you may have. We are a company - but we are comprised of individuals. Most of us here invest our reputations and integrity into our jobs as far as representing our company. If we make mistakes, we do take it personally and certainly want to do what we can to correct them. This isn't a "rah rah trust and buy from us" speech, it's just my slant on my job and responsibilities to our customers. Please contact me personally if you aren't getting the service you deserve through normal channels.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    David,

    Thank you for making thngs right.
    Last edited by bigthrust; 06/05/2006 at 02:55 PM.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthrust
    David,

    Thank you for making thngs right.
    You're very welcome. It's the right thing to do.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  4. #44  
    I ordered the coupler (along with a retractable sync/power cord) last week. My 650 is the victim of 2.5 jack-abuse by it's owner (me), so it was either get the coupler or invest in nono's nice 3.5 update.

    If I was going to keep the 650 for an extended amount of time, I would have gone with the 3.5 upgrade, but since I'm just waiting for CNG to get the 700p, the coupler was a decent compromise.

    I can't believe how good it sounds! I used it three ways this weekend, with headphones, with a cheap pair of powered speakers, and with my car's cassette adapter. All three worked great. The only problems had were that the connection would come lose when I had the 650 on my backpocket when I bent over (caused by a severe case of biggus-buttus, I believe) and Ptunes would sometimes restart in mono after a call (a problem I'm more likely to point at Normsoft for).

    Yes, I'd add my voice to the 'would have been nice to have a power plug' choir, but it's still a nice solution to a common 650 issue.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
    I ordered the coupler (along with a retractable sync/power cord) last week. My 650 is the victim of 2.5 jack-abuse by it's owner (me), so it was either get the coupler or invest in nono's nice 3.5 update.

    If I was going to keep the 650 for an extended amount of time, I would have gone with the 3.5 upgrade, but since I'm just waiting for CNG to get the 700p, the coupler was a decent compromise.

    I can't believe how good it sounds! I used it three ways this weekend, with headphones, with a cheap pair of powered speakers, and with my car's cassette adapter. All three worked great. The only problems had were that the connection would come lose when I had the 650 on my backpocket when I bent over (caused by a severe case of biggus-buttus, I believe) and Ptunes would sometimes restart in mono after a call (a problem I'm more likely to point at Normsoft for).

    Yes, I'd add my voice to the 'would have been nice to have a power plug' choir, but it's still a nice solution to a common 650 issue.
    Thanks for your comments - I'm very glad to hear that it is working for you the way it should!

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    You're very welcome. It's the right thing to do.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    David,

    Got my new adaptor today. Works like a charm. I am very impressed.
  7. #47  
    To revive an old thread: I bought 2 of these 'dock adapters' a few months ago. Is there a NEW one that allows for using the built-in mic to talk on the phone? If so, is there a simple mod with a soldering iron and/or a few resistors that would make the ones I have work like the new ones? Thanks.
  8. #48  
    will there be one of these for the 700P?
  9. #49  
    Do I order the one with the MIC enabled or disabled if I want to use a headset in the 2.5mm jack along side the audio out adapter? I want the MIC on the headset to be active.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  10. #50  
    I'm guessing .. Mike disabled. But you'd better check with Seidioseidio who posts here.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  11. #51  
    David from Seidio told me that they tested and verified that the adapter with MIC enabled will do what I want. I just orderred two and will report my findings here.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  12. #52  
    Anybody with the new adapter want to crack it open and see what's different inside? I have 2 of the 'old' ones and I'd hate to drop $30 on 2 new adapters when I could drop $0.12 on some resistors, since I have a feeling that's the difference...
  13. #53  
    I bet it is simpler than that. Look at thread=101039, especially post=49 of that thread.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  14. #54  
    Brilliant! Thanks, aprasad!
  15. #55  
    Note that you may still have some problems with impedance matching (if the device you have connected to the hotsync port has too high or too low, I'm not sure). Seidio may be using a resistor in their connector to make sure the handset's mic gets turned on for sure.

    Nonobeez is the resident expert on Treo hardware, especially the audio connector.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    David from Seidio told me that they tested and verified that the adapter with MIC enabled will do what I want. I just orderred two and will report my findings here.
    Yeah! I can play MP3s with the Seidio adapter and have my Shure headset plugged in to use on phone calls. It is a little weird having the MP3 play thru the headset and then have phone calls played thru my car speakers. I can just leave the headset off until a call comes in and turn off the radio while on the phone.

    Overall I am happy with the new setup. If I could only charge the Treo thru the Seidio adapter than it would get 4 stars. For now it gets 3 stars.
    Last edited by swieder; 07/13/2006 at 10:39 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  17. #57  
    I am on my second one of these and I need to return it again. The audio keeps going in and out whenever I move the wire on the piece. This is the same problem I had with the first one. This item does not pass the test of time, and now I am really out of options after 2.5mm jack went out on me as well!
  18. #58  
    NOTE: following the advise below is at your own risk.
    I had the same problem with my adapter. each pin is spring-loaded, thus each pin is contributing force to push the connector out. Reducing the number of pins reduces that force and gives a much more solid connection.
    I fixed the problem by prying the connector open very carefully. Then I took a pair of very small needle-nose pliers and pulled out the unused pins from the inside. Since
    This technique also worked with my retractable hotsync/charge cable and made it perform more reliably.
    If your audio adapter is not the "internal microphone enabled" model and you wish to enable the microphone, search these forums first and learn about what's needed to additionally modify the adapter before removing any of the pins.
    Naturally, modifying your adapter will void it's warranty, and, more seriously, you can short out the connector and destroy the Treo if you're not careful. I take no responsibility for any damage and caution that only those very experienced with hardware modification should attempt this.
  19. #59  
    in the early days when seidio introduced products for the treo they had a very bad reputation i bought a few of the early products that fell apart with no usage at all even wrote a thread on these boards not to buy from them. But David worked on improving relationships and i came back have purchased headsets and cases from them with no problems at all. I believe they listened to what we were saying and tried to build a better product for us. From what i read the customer service is a lot better also.

    Fred
  20. #60  
    I've bought a few seidio products and this is the first one that is failing me. I've sent many emails but have yet to hear a response.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions