Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ok david from Seidio, forgive my skepticism based on how I have been treated by your company so far, but I am a reasonable man and you seem sincere in wishing to make things right, so I will contact you and report back to all at treo central exactly what the real life outcome is.

Respectfully,

iZ
    One thing more, there are many of us on these boards that are IT,Com,pros or business owners. And we have to try out various equipment before we deploy it to our staff or clients. When we have a consistently bad experience with equipment, they don't loose just our sales but also the dozens or hundreds we were about to recommend.

And woe to us if we try something and recommend it and then it performs poorly.
    it will come back on us in spades, and these small purchases we recommend can affect the goodwill of much larger deals down the line.

and thats why in my opinion it is about much more than just a treo headset...

Respectfully,

iZ
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ideawizard
    Ok david from Seidio, forgive my skepticism based on how I have been treated by your company so far, but I am a reasonable man and you seem sincere in wishing to make things right, so I will contact you and report back to all at treo central exactly what the real life outcome is.

Respectfully,

iZ
    Sounds fair to me. I won't guarantee that things will or will not go the way you would find most advantagous, but I am definitely willing to listen. If you've received rude or uncooperative treatment from any of our staff, I very much want to know about. We are in business to win customers as well as make money - and you usually can't do one without the other.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Well, let me throw my hat behind Seidio's products. I've ordered several of them in the past and have yet to have one fail on me. I think I'm probably as tough on my treo as the most of the treo-users. I carry my 650 with me constantly, on plane trips (2+ a week), and have the BAD habit of loading the newest software that catches my eye, including ROMs on a far-too consistent frequency (according to my wife, at least).

The last item that I bought for the 650, a sync-power retractable cable, was from another vendor. It died within 8 weeks of purchase, but I'm not cursing the manufacturer. Why not? Because I paid less than $5 for the cable. I believe I got what I paid for.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  5.    #25  
    One thing more, there are many of us on these boards that are IT,Com,pros or business owners. And we have to try out various equipment before we deploy it to our staff or clients. When we have a consistently bad experience with equipment, they don't loose just our sales but also the dozens or hundreds we were about to recommend.

And woe to us if we try something and recommend it and then it performs poorly.
    it will come back on us in spades, and these small purchases we recommend can affect the goodwill of much larger deals down the line.

and thats why in my opinion it is about much more than just a treo headset...

Respectfully,

iZ
    We certainly understand that. We do our best to innovate, release, and support quality products. Development is a constant way of life here and we are ALWAYS looking for better way to do things. We test products before we release them for mass production, but occasionaly things don't turn out as well as we like. We are one of the few companies that produce retractable cables because of the inherent weaknesses and fragility of the setup. Our warranty policy has always been straight forward: 90 days for retractable items, 180 days for almost everything else. We do, however, understand individual customer frustrations and do our best to treat our clients with respect. We WANT to earn your repeat business - without it, there are only so many devices and so many people with needs to go around and a LOT of competition.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.colm
    Which ones 3.5mm headphones have you had trouble with?

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Sony MDR-EX71SL (which work in other devices) and also to a direct aux input of a Mazda RX8 headunit.
    In addition I have the same performance problem with this adaptor as post 12 & 14. Features advertised but not delivered. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gif
    Last edited by bassplayer; 05/17/2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add quote
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    What am I doing wroung here? I plugged it in, yet the sound is coming through the Treo, not the connector. When the Treo turns on I can hear it activate(popping) when it turns off, more of the same. Anyone got some Ideas?
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    What am I doing wroung here? I plugged it in, yet the sound is coming through the Treo, not the connector. When the Treo turns on I can hear it activate(popping) when it turns off, more of the same. Anyone got some Ideas?
    Alright, it will work with a set of panasonic headphones, but it will not work with a line out!!!! Which is the whole reason I bought the thing. Is there a software work around? A hardware work around? Seidio, you really should have 2 versions of this conncetor. 1 to do whatever it is this one does, and the second one that is always connected(i.e. does not require feedback from headphones) and has no need for a certain type headphones. I mean really, if I have this piece w/ AN AUDIO OUT plugged into my Treo, why in the hell would I want sound coming out of the Treo's internal speaker? To me it makes about as much sense as square wheels. What do you folks say? Help me out here.

P.S. the phone is brand new.
    Last edited by NRG; 05/23/2006 at 10:11 AM.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer
    Sony MDR-EX71SL (which work in other devices) and also to a direct aux input of a Mazda RX8 headunit.
    In addition I have the same performance problem with this adaptor as post 12 & 14. Features advertised but not delivered. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gif
    Hmm. Any answer yet?
  10.    #30  
    Hmm. Any answer yet?

For those of you having problems with this adaptor, please email me via the address below the best way to reach you, or, call our tech support line at: 832-204-1114 and we'll troubleshoot what the problem is. If your product is defective we'll replace it; if it isn't delivering what we promise, we'll work that out as well.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    I think we've already established several times in this thread that it does not work as promised. I just gave up on Seidio products. I grow weary of the hassle of returning cheap items that don't work correctly.

Moral of the story...
    you get (or don't get) what you pay for.
    Alright, it will work with a set of panasonic headphones, but it will not work with a line out!!!! Which is the whole reason I bought the thing. Is there a software work around? A hardware work around? Seidio, you really should have 2 versions of this conncetor. 1 to do whatever it is this one does, and the second one that is always connected(i.e. does not require feedback from headphones) and has no need for a certain type headphones. I mean really, if I have this piece w/ AN AUDIO OUT plugged into my Treo, why in the hell would I want sound coming out of the Treo's internal speaker? To me it makes about as much sense as square wheels. What do you folks say? Help me out here.

P.S. the phone is brand new.
    I think the fault is with the design of the Treo, whereby it routs the audio to the internal speaker if it senses a certain impedence between certain pins. If the Treo thinks that nothing is plugged-in, it routs the sound to the internal speaker. Thus the need for the impedence matching device that Seidio also sells.

I think Seidio should solder a resistor of the correct impedance across the relevant pins in their hotsync-port audio connector so that the Treo will always route the audio signal to the external port.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    For those of you having problems with this adaptor, please email me via the address below the best way to reach you, or, call our tech support line at: 832-204-1114 and we'll troubleshoot what the problem is. If your product is defective we'll replace it; if it isn't delivering what we promise, we'll work that out as well.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Please post the solution here for everyone to share.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad

I think Seidio should solder a resistor of the correct impedance across the relevant pins in their hotsync-port audio connector so that the Treo will always route the audio signal to the external port.
    This is what I told them.

I need a solution for a wired/bluetooth stereo headset for the treo 650 that i can adjust the volume on the headset itself to listen to videos and that sounds good, is well made and will really last...any suggestions?

thanks!

iZ
    I highly recommend the Palm Hybrid Headset (http://store.treocentral.com/content...11-29--108.htm) used in combination with HeadsetControl from www.jwideas.com. With this combination, you have a microphone next to your mouth, a single button which can be used to answer the phone, adjust volume, and control PocketTunes while your Treo remains in your pocket.

I also had some success with Seidio's NEW MUSIC ENTHUSIAST 2-IN-1 EARBUDS HEADSETS (STANDARD or RETRACTABLE) H2ERSOVTR650-BSL. This worked great until the connection started to get flaky at the strain relief by the 2.5mm connector. I tried to get it replaced by Seidio but never received a reply. I assumed that it was because I was about 30 days beyond the 90 days limited warranty on retractable products. Consider me one more person who is not impressed by the durability of Seidio products.

Paul
  16.    #36  
    I think we've already established several times in this thread that it does not work as promised. I just gave up on Seidio products. I grow weary of the hassle of returning cheap items that don't work correctly.

Moral of the story...
    you get (or don't get) what you pay for.
    Like anyone else, you are entitled to your opinion. We do our best to create products that WILL work as promised. It is the only way to stay in business. I won't say that every product works for everyone as there are always exceptions. As I posted yesterday, if you are having problems, contact me directly and I'll help you to resolve them. If your adaptor isn't working as advertised, we'll replace the item, return your money, or look into what (if anything) went wrong in the development phase of this adaptor. Why would anyone assume that we want to INTENTIONALLY sell "cheap" or inadequte products? I'm not saying we are perfect, I'm only saying that the past can't be changed, but we can deal with the present and future.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada
    I highly recommend the Palm Hybrid Headset (http://store.treocentral.com/content...11-29--108.htm) used in combination with HeadsetControl from www.jwideas.com. With this combination, you have a microphone next to your mouth, a single button which can be used to answer the phone, adjust volume, and control PocketTunes while your Treo remains in your pocket.

I also had some success with Seidio's NEW MUSIC ENTHUSIAST 2-IN-1 EARBUDS HEADSETS (STANDARD or RETRACTABLE) H2ERSOVTR650-BSL. This worked great until the connection started to get flaky at the strain relief by the 2.5mm connector. I tried to get it replaced by Seidio but never received a reply. I assumed that it was because I was about 30 days beyond the 90 days limited warranty on retractable products. Consider me one more person who is not impressed by the durability of Seidio products.

Paul
    Paul,

Who did you send your email to? I try to respond to every email that comes my way and do my best to monitor all of our customer related mailboxes. I would appreciate it if you could forward a copy of that email - if you still have it in your sent folder - so I can pinpoint why you never received a response.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  18.    #38  
    I'm having our product development team look at this product right now and will post some kind of conclusion as soon as I have it. I apologize to any inconvenience to any of you and will see if we have claimed things that aren't as they should be. If this is the case, we will take care of any and all effected. I will post a public answer as soon as I have these details.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Paul,

Who did you send your email to? I try to respond to every email that comes my way and do my best to monitor all of our customer related mailboxes. I would appreciate it if you could forward a copy of that email - if you still have it in your sent folder - so I can pinpoint why you never received a response.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    David,

I appreciate your response and I have forwarded my original request for help to your e-mail address. Thanks in advance.

Paul
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada
    David,

I appreciate your response and I have forwarded my original request for help to your e-mail address. Thanks in advance.

Paul
    Reply should be in your mailbox by now.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast