1.    #1  
    i am running v4.7 (cuz my IT dept is lame and is slow to push the update) and have installed the latest rom update to the treo 700w with no issues...

but when i use the goodlink program with my phone...and set the password (which is a new feature)..it works well for a few minutes then the screen is blank except for the start button...

has anyone figured out where the problem lies? is it the 4.7 or an issue with the latest rom?
    4.7 is not supported on the 700W. Need the ROM update and 4.8
    Sounds like my problem at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=112819

Can you let us know if upgrading to 4.8 solves the problem?
    Cameron, if you are still running an unsupported ROM on the 8125, then it probably won't fix any problems you are having.

As for the 700W issues, I have not heard of anyone having those issues with the ROM update applied and running 4.8.
    Goodguy - since this is the exact same issue (AKU2, GL4.7, blank screen when the password is enabled), it does sound like there's a common issue somewhere. I'm curious whether the issue is with 4.7 and AKU2, as from what I hear Cingular is close to releasing a ROM update with AKU2 for the 8125. I'd like to know whether this truly was an issue with the unsupported ROM, with 4.7, etc. before I upgrade if/when Cingular releases the update.

I'm the kind of person who hates not knowing why something doesn't work - so I'm curious where the problem lies (4.7, AKU2, unsupported ROM, etc.). Also, since we now have someone with the same problem with a supported ROM (albeit with an apparently unsupported version of GL for the 700w) as I and others have had with the unsupported ROM, this may be a bigger issue than just an "unsupported ROM issue". If jamesdoe is able to get 4.8 working with the new treo ROM, then I've narrowed the problem down in my mind a bit.

BTW - thanks for all the info in the forum, its really rare to find a company rep willing to be an active participant in these discussions.
  6.    #6  
    its gonna take a while for my IT dept to upgrade to 4.8 cuz they want to make sure there are no bugs and that all new devices will be fully supportable...so they told me a few months from now..which is complete crap since ive been waiting since jan (when i got the phone) to get company email...but i guess ill just have to wait...

thanks for your input..
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronJ
    Goodguy - since this is the exact same issue (AKU2, GL4.7, blank screen when the password is enabled), it does sound like there's a common issue somewhere. I'm curious whether the issue is with 4.7 and AKU2, as from what I hear Cingular is close to releasing a ROM update with AKU2 for the 8125. I'd like to know whether this truly was an issue with the unsupported ROM, with 4.7, etc. before I upgrade if/when Cingular releases the update.

I'm the kind of person who hates not knowing why something doesn't work - so I'm curious where the problem lies (4.7, AKU2, unsupported ROM, etc.). Also, since we now have someone with the same problem with a supported ROM (albeit with an apparently unsupported version of GL for the 700w) as I and others have had with the unsupported ROM, this may be a bigger issue than just an "unsupported ROM issue". If jamesdoe is able to get 4.8 working with the new treo ROM, then I've narrowed the problem down in my mind a bit.

BTW - thanks for all the info in the forum, its really rare to find a company rep willing to be an active participant in these discussions.

Yes, it narrows it down to one key word: unsupported. It is not any bigger than that. Be it an unsupported ROM or unsupported version of GoodLink. Since it is unsupported, there is no way to truly troubleshoot. This is why we didn't support the 700 before the ROM upgrade and 4.8.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdoe
    its gonna take a while for my IT dept to upgrade to 4.8 cuz they want to make sure there are no bugs and that all new devices will be fully supportable...so they told me a few months from now..which is complete crap since ive been waiting since jan (when i got the phone) to get company email...but i guess ill just have to wait...

thanks for your input..
    Months? Wow..this isn't an Exchange upgrade. The 700W and the Sprint 6700 are fully supported. I don't know what else to tell your IT folks.
  9.    #9  
    yes its pretty lame if u ask me...esp given that its a global consulting firm...i would think they would have the resources to turn this around in a few weeks at most...

also...the fact that alot of our people have bought the 700 expecting to get company email on it..so its been pretty useless for the past few months...